style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5029 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear Hallowitch,

You have been so kind in the past in helping my partner and myself deal with a paste Equita Bailiff, and your help or advice would be warmly appreciated concerning my present situation.

Here goes...

My Mother contacted me today to say that an Equita Bailff had visited her property and listed and posted an inventory of my families vehicles which are not registered in my name. I no longer reside at the property and havn't for a number of years - so why they have visited my parents address is a mystery.

As you can imagine, my Mum is quite distressed as they've demanded a sum of £525 for unpaid council tax arrears (including almost double the value of original bill) and she is now frightened that they will attempt to claim possessions that do not belong to me and are not registered in my name.

My Mum contacted the Bailiff to advise that she has not spoken to me (a little white lie) but the Bailiff insisted that I had personally given him that address on a previous occation. Please respect that she lied to enable me to find the requested sum in short notice.

I am currently residing with my girlfriend and two week old baby and I am a named joint tenant who consistently pays my monthly council tax fees. The problem is, I am frightened that the Bailiff may track me down to my current address through the council tax records and I am frightened as my girlfried and baby should not live in fear due to my past negligence in missing two months council tax installments.

My main concern is for my partner and new born baby. I intend to pay the full amount but can't find the amount to pay in full.

Can the bailiff enter and seize goods from my mums home?

Has the bailiff the power to trace me at my new address?

Can I in any way request that the council take back the debt?

Please help as I am living in fear.

Many many thanks,

Davey.

Can the bailiff enter and seize goods from my mums home?

no he cant

Has the bailiff the power to trace me at my new address?

yes he Will trace you to your new address

you are going to have to give the council your address to get them away from your mums home and for you to deal with this

Can I in any way request that the council take back the debt?

its not easy to get the council to take a debt especially if you have defaulted on a payment agreement already

you and your mum will have to do some letter writing (i can help you with this)

your letter for your mum will be easy

are you working

are you clamming benefits

What you can do in the meantime, is pay the council via their online payment facility, all you need is the account number, pay what you can, and keep receipts and write to the council to tell them this is what you have done, it shows willingness to pay and may help.