MBNA/link - Judgement awarded against me - can't pay!

joan_of_arc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4201 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello again everyone, long time no speak :)

After LINK fleeced me for several grand of charges and illegal interest which I didn't dispute in time for the court (the latter being my fault) I've been paying them regular amounts every month as already agreed by the court.

Suddenly I've received a letter saying "Thank you for the payments you have been making on your account which has reduced the outstanding balance. Your account is now due for a review and as such we require the following information to be updated.

TOTAL HOUSEHOLD INCOME INCLUDING ANY BENEFITS RECEIVED ACCOMPANIED WITH YOUR CURRENT EXPENDITURE

CURRENT DETAILS OF ALL OTHER CREDITOR BALANCES AND PAYMENTS MADE TOWARDS THEM

YOUR DAYTIME CONTACT NUMBER"

And on the reverse is an APPLICATION FOR REDUCED PAYMENT PLAN form.

I rang them up, concealing my phone number and they told me they wanted me to increase payments, I told them I couldn't afford to. They told me I had to fill in the form anyway.

It just doesn't feel right that they should be demanding all this PERSONAL information from me (including my phone number so they can harrass me, yeah right I'm going to fall for that one again - NOT) when the court has agreed a payment and I've been sticking to it.

At the bottom of their letter it concludes: "If you do not complete the review we reserve the right to request the immediate payment of the outstanding balance" which to me sounds like a complete load of horse dung.

Am I right?

Can I ignore this letter?

Where do I stand?

Any help gratefully received.

FYI, unbeknown to PLINK I plan to make all my CCJ creditors offers next year when an insurance policy matures, them included.

They cannot vary the payment if it's ordered by a court, they would have to apply to the court to get the order varied.

That's all you need to tell them.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

are these charges within 6yrs?

was it LINK that took you to court and got the CCJ?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

are these charges within 6yrs?

was it LINK that took you to court and got the CCJ?

dx

Yes. Thanks for the advice. I will do as everyone says and write back to them as suggested. I thought it felt fishy, them demanding all these personal details...it shouldn't be allowed for a company to demand things as though it's the law.

Write to them as follows:

The Compliance Manager

Link Financial

Ref: as on their letter.

Dear sir,

I write in reply to your letter dated xx xx xxxx in which you request person finanacial data from me, having give due consideration to this request I must decline to provide any such information.

I must however thankyou for prompting me to check my finances as doing so has revealed that I cannot increase payments to you now or in the near future.

Final respnse.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

The Compliance Manager

Link Financial

Dear sir,

I write in reply to your letter dated xx xx xxxx in which you request person finanacial data from me, having give due consideration to this request I must decline to provide any such information.

I must however thankyou for prompting me to check my finances as doing so has revealed that I cannot increase payments to you now or in the near future.

Final respnse.

Excellent Brigadier! That is the perfect wording and very amusing. You have brought joy to my rain-soaked day Sir. :)

The Compliance Manager

Link Financial

Dear sir,

Final respnse.

The payments in this case were set by the court, so OP should continue to pay them. I'd suggest writing this:

Dear Curs I refer to your letter dated xxxxx.The payments I am currently making are in accordance with the order of the Court. It is not for you either to vary such an order, or to demand personal information to which you are not entitled. It is my view that your letter constitutes a clear breach of the Office of Fair Trading Guidance, by applying psychological pressure and communicating in an unclear or misleading matter. I require you to treat this letter as a formal complaint about your non-compliant and unacceptable behaviour, and to let me have your response as soon as possible, detailing your proposals to remedy the situation. Please ensure you mark your final response as such, so that I can escalate the complaint should your response be unsatisfactory. I will in any case be informing the Consumer Credit Licencing Fitness Team at the OFT of your serious non-compliance.For the avoidance of any doubt, I will continue to comply with the order of the Court; there will be no increase in payments and no further personal information will be supplied.I trust this makes my position clear; if you do not understand any part of this letter you should seek professional advice. Yours etc.

I will correct the spacing later, on a different computer...

But of course there is nothing to stop the Claimant applying for redetermination....providing it has merit.Polite response required Joan.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

But of course there is nothing to stop the Claimant applying for redetermination....providing it has merit.Polite response required Joan.

Regards

Andy

*waves hello at Andy* Hello Andy long time no speak :) That's an interesting point, about the possibility they could apply for redetermination, I hadn't thought of that. I thought Scarlet Pimpernel's idea was brilliant though. Would that likely annoy them? Tricky one, it's a minefield. In the end I sent a very short letter stating simply that I would continue to pay the amount ordered by the court and would not be furnishing them with personal information. Yours sincerely etc.

Hello Joan I trust you are well.

As said nothing to stop them if its worth the application fee...the problem is deciphering if the request is intent or just a fishing exercise thrown out by the threat o printer :wink:

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread