CAG Site upgrade - thread 1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5042 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I personally still can't understand why people still use IE as there is Firefox and many others out there. (Firefox being my own personal choice).

Try downloading Firefox free, and when you install it, it will automatically transfer your favourites from IE to the Firefox bookmarks. No messing about.

I used to love Firefox and used it all the time, but then increasingly found websites wouldn't load properly (particularly ones with text boxes to fill in for some reason) and the pc was crashing more and more frequently. OH stuck Chrome on for me - amidst my enormous complaining as I really got on with FF:) - and I now wouldn't change from it. Apart from the occasional time I use IE for certain things I'm very happy as it's more stable for me than FF was and it has some very nifty little tools. That said if Chrome packs up on me I'll be back to FF to see if I can use that again!

It does make things hard for peops like Webby though I know. When OH and I were doing websites (well he did them and told me what to do:D) you'd get everything looking perfect for IE, then look at FF and find that things had mysteriously centred or plain disappeared, and yet more problems would show themselves in Chrome. Very very irritating and had both of us turning the air blue several times a day:lol: Seeing as his sites were for a major national company too we had to get it right as they were not exactly easygoing with errors:eek:

ps - I seem to have colour/font/text size options back again!! It's a bit messy again but at least they're there - Woohoo!

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tell you what I do miss and that's seeing who the last poster was on a thread.

Just found the answer to that one ! LOL

What is it?? Do share:)

ps - just noticed something that I think is extremely useful. When you quote someone now the reply box opens up directly underneath their post so you can see the whole thing, not just the bit you've quoted. That's dead handy.

If many of us are having these minor problems with the updated site just imagine how someone new to the site and possibly desperate for help would feel with the ''now you see, it now you don't'' situation!

A 'sticky' on the front page explaining the upgrade and the ongoing adjustments would be handy.

I don't think it would be a big issue for new people. Most of the posts here are people "missing" features that were there. If someone is new to the site they do not know they are missing (if you get my drift)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

I don't think it would be a big issue for new people. Most of the posts here are people "missing" features that were there. If someone is new to the site they do not know they are missing (if you get my drift)

If they picked up on a CAG thread whilst 'googling' which related to their query and tried to follow it on here would they be able to move from page 1 to page 2 etc if the page numbers disappear as they seem to with annoying regularity at the moment?

True enough point.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Magically, just as I posted, they have reappeared.

Now that's service :)

Thanks Webby.

Locutus, it's more of an issue for new visitors as they coudn't see beyond 'new posts' on the first page and wouldn't know others existed.

I personally still can't understand why people still use IE as there is Firefox and many others out there. (Firefox being my own personal choice).

Try downloading Firefox free, and when you install it, it will automatically transfer your favourites from IE to the Firefox bookmarks. No messing about.

I use firefox at home but as I stated I am at work and we cannot download anything onto our computers

ps - I seem to have colour/font/text size options back again!! It's a bit messy again but at least they're there - Woohoo!

I take it back - the options are there but I've just tried using a colour for my text and it wouldn't have it - keeps coming up with the html instead.

This should be red - has that worked or is it just on some threads and not others??

Also, tried to do an all capitals post with :D at the end and it kept un-capitalising it and changing the smilie icon to :D

Well clearly the colour is working here:rolleyes: It was defo not on the last post thread, and also wouldn't on one of my threads????

Also, tried to do an all capitals post with :D at the end and it kept un-capitalising it and changing the smilie icon to :D

It's always done that, Lexis. And because your smilie uses a capital "d", as that's being un-capitalised too, it doesn't write the smilie. (the trick if you want to do a post in capitals is to put in one non-capital letter somewhere discreete and that will do it.

It's always done that, Lexis. And because your smilie uses a capital "d", as that's being un-capitalised too, it doesn't write the smilie. (the trick if you want to do a post in capitals is to put in one non-capital letter somewhere discreete and that will do it.

Oh. Well then. Ahem....>

ps - gloating is so unladylike bookie:D:p

more info re the popupctrl in Chrome

it doesn't actually 'popup' it 'pops into' the exiting layout

(I think this may be the fundamental problem with them)

If you find my advice helpful - please click on my scales

<<<<<< - they're over there!

Well, it's a funny black star now ...

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.

Ok, enjoying ladylike-wise my satisfaction at it working the way I was hoping for. Hooray! *daintily waves a flag* :razz:

Oh no the 'power of success' going to her head now ;-)

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.

from my limited knowledge of web programming - is the popupbody style missing?

Looking at this site & the vbulletin forum (which works fine in Chrome) the inherited style for a popupbody is missing on here

What is it?? Do share:)

ps - just noticed something that I think is extremely useful. When you quote someone now the reply box opens up directly underneath their post so you can see the whole thing, not just the bit you've quoted. That's dead handy.

Once you've pressed ' Settings' at the top it brings up the threads you may wish to llok at, it then shows a button ' View all subscribed threads' a little further down on the r/h side (Be handy if that was on all the pages webby) press that and it shows you the threads and who posted last.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5042 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks