Kpr

Ubiquitious
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4902 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been sent a letter from K.P.R DCA regarding a Nationwide Flex Account.

I owe them £305 in an unauthroised overdraft. The £305 is originally from a direct debit that failed when I was unemployed 3 years ago. The £305 is all from failed direct debit fees, from the orignal failed DB and unathorised overdraft fees. The entire amount is from fees.

I cannot afford £305 as a one off and KPR are unwilling to negotiate a monthly payment scheme only accepting a £225 immediate payment. They are threatening court action.

The account is 7 years old and the last time I paid anything in to it was 2007.

Can I defend this action?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Ub,

I din't know the answer to your quetion, this is all ne to me.

However, I've had dealings with KPR.... Take a look at the small print at the bottom of your letter and you will see that KPR is no more than a pseudonym for an ffice within Nationwide. It is not a seperate debt collection company. I really feal that the 'KPR' identity is used to intimidate the debtor and give an impression of the matter being escalated.

Ok , well I have been having a read through the forums.

The only thing I can think of to help maybe, is to ask you what is the debt made up of?

Just straightforward overdraft borrowing or fees / interest / charges??

• 3 months later...

I can't really offer advice,just my experience...

I'm in a very similar position. In June of this year my Nationwide bank balance was £1.33cr. I had 4 x DDs bounce because there was insufficient funds. Quite happily, the Nationwide charged me £120 for returned DD fees which I have refused to pay on the grounds that

1. I am suffering financial hardship and to try to pay that amount would mean going without heating and food for weeks

2. They've not incurred any actual loss and I fail to see why I should literally bankrupt myself just so they can rack up more profits through other peoples misery.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, they've added fee after fee after fee and now I'm being harrassed for almost £250. The entire lot is made up of charges,fees and interest.

They're ready to pass my details to KPR dept who will also be unsuccessful in prising the money from me.

Don't give in to them. You are not alone!