Need help in dealing with Moorcroft

Odessa
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5054 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anybody advise or help,

I lost my job 12 months ago through ill health and came into financial difficulties, I do have a smell pension but that is it. I had two Barclay cards which I could no longer pay, I contacted Barclay card to try and resolve the matter, they were not very helpful or forthcoming. I did not hear from them for sometime, then I started to receive phone calls and letters from a debt firm called Moorcroft, I refused to deal with them as I believe my business is with Barclay card and not them, I then started to get phone calls and letters from several other debt firms these being Debt Mangers LTD, Calder, Mercers, Apex and Wescot debt collection agency. Again I did not deal with them for the same reason and all of these companies were chasing the two debts. It went quiet for a while, then this evening a person knocked on my door and said his was calling to collect the debt on behalf of his client, I asked who the client was and he would not answer, however I did notice on his clipboard a sheet of A4 paper with Moorcroft on it. I informed him that my business is with Barclay card, not him or anybody else, he said, well you need to deal with me as I am the last step before court, I found the visit quite upsetting and I do not know how to deal with it, I also believe the Barclay card debt has been sold to one of these companies as I did recently try to contact Barclay card, but they informed to deal with one of these agents, not them. Please can anybody advise or give me answers to the following questions.

How can I find out if they have bought the debt?

If they have bought the debt, am I right to believe they would have only payed a fraction of what it is worth, if they did go to court what could they claim for the whole debt? or what they paid for it?

Do I have any rights with these people calling to my home?

Are they required to provide documentation that I owe them this debt and again would they need documentation proof of the debt to take me to court?

Are they allowed to keep calling to my house with out a court order?

Can anybody advise or help,

I lost my job 12 months ago through ill health and came into financial difficulties, I do have a smell pension but that is it. I had two Barclay cards which I could no longer pay, I contacted Barclay card to try and resolve the matter, they were not very helpful or forthcoming. I did not hear from them for sometime, then I started to receive phone calls and letters from a debt firm called Moorcroft, I refused to deal with them as I believe my business is with Barclay card and not them, I then started to get phone calls and letters from several other debt firms these being Debt Mangers LTD, Calder, Mercers, Apex and Wescot debt collection agency. Again I did not deal with them for the same reason and all of these companies were chasing the two debts. It went quiet for a while, then this evening a person knocked on my door and said his was calling to collect the debt on behalf of his client, I asked who the client was and he would not answer, however I did notice on his clipboard a sheet of A4 paper with Moorcroft on it. I informed him that my business is with Barclay card, not him or anybody else, he said, well you need to deal with me as I am the last step before court, I found the visit quite upsetting and I do not know how to deal with it, I also believe the Barclay card debt has been sold to one of these companies as I did recently try to contact Barclay card, but they informed to deal with one of these agents, not them. Please can anybody advise or give me answers to the following questions

How can I find out if they have bought the debt? Ask the original creditor if they have sold the account and if to who and when

If they have bought the debt, am I right to believe they would have only payed a fraction of what it is worth, Correct around 10p in the £

if they did go to court what could they claim for the whole debt? or what they paid for it? They would claim for the full balance plus interest and costs

Do I have any rights with these people calling to my home? You do indeed, they have no more right to visit you than I do, if they do call tell them to leave, if they refuse call the police

Are they required to provide documentation that I owe them this debt and again would they need documentation proof of the debt to take me to court? Yes they have to provide proof that you owe the debt should you request it, if they cannot proving this then they cannot enforce the debt through the courts

Are they allowed to keep calling to my house with out a court order? They are not allowed to call at your house full stop

I would get a cca request of to moorcroft see if they have anything. Fear nothing from these doorsteppers, they are powerless, it is all hot air they spout to get money out of you, you do not have to deal with the cretin whatsoever, so if he calls again tell him to P*ss off.

Hello Odessa,

I've started a new thread for your problem.

Help us to keep on helping.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums.

This site is run solely on donations.

You can make a donation

HERE. Thank you.

Any advice & opinions given by supasnooper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.