default and repayment plan? how to move it on..

monstermuncher
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5087 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello - first timer here :)

I had a merged debt of overdraft and credit card which I couldn't pay off after my work as a freelancer dried up due to personal reasons. This goes back about 4-5 years.

Eventually, after I missed some payments I defaulted and they passed it onto a credit agency. I now pay a minimal sum, as my finances have not increased. They leave me alone with that, but obviously my credit file is damaged.

I also had other credit card defaults, which I think are still on there, but I did settle them, although in part as agreed.

I'm thinking of starting my own business again, and obviously my credit file is a mess. How can I go about cleaning up my mess, or removing defaults and am I dreaming starting up again?

Also is there any way of reducing the outstanding debt which is about £9,000 to date?

I couldn't get a business bank account last time I tried. I did mess up once, but I do feel like a leper because of it, and shamed.