Toshiba laptop issue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5095 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought the laptop in November 2005 and it is a Equiim M50-164 and was fairly high spec then. Recently I have noticed that if you pull the screen down it starts flashing and the screen goes dull almost as if ti is in a power save mode. Sometimes I can wriggle the screen back and forth and it rectifies. Other times I have to shut it down and re-start it again.

Except for occasional software glitches like not connecting to Internet or not loading for no apparent reason, the laptop seems fine. I have done a totla reboot but it has not cured any issues.

Any one suggest a solution.

Sounds like either the backlight or inverter is on its way out. If it's the backlight best option would be another screen as these can be darn near impossible to replace. Inverter is a little circuit board that generally sits in the main body of the laptop under the small panel behind the keyboard. Don't fiddle with it with the power plugged in or the laptop battery attached as it can deliver a lot of voltage (similar to the starter unit in a fluorecent light).

Different laptops have different inverters so you would need the specific one for that model.

Worth checking the connectors to said inverter as they have been known to come slightly loose over time and cause this problem through poor contact caused by wire flex from opening and closing the screen over time.

this should be an easy fix for anyone capable of taking that part to bits.

prob just a loose lead nothing more than that

there are prob guides on the net.

have a look around.

easy peasy once you know how it comes apart.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...