Court Papers Received Today GMAC

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5039 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

£600 per month is going to be one massive struggle, if at all possible. This on top of having to hire a barrister for 3 days (approx £3500 quote from my solicitor) in connection with an ongoing custody case which I still don't know how I'm going to manage! One thing after another.

Thanks.

apply for a time order. This means instead of paying £600 per month for the next 8 months, you can apply to pay perhaps £300 per month of 16 months. You would be able to do it yourself. It would be better to do this than perhaps miss a payment and allow them to take the car back

Sounds like you have enough to worry about, without the added pressure of finding £600 per month

Any advice I give, is given with the best intention of helping. I am not legally trained, so it is probably best to just ignore me;)

Astraman, I feel for you buddy, GMAC are C**Ts no iffs or buts...

Did you get any of their charges to the accounts?

I had a problem with them, before i changed address I had written a letter to them informing them, they wrote back to my new address stating they updated their records. A few years down the line, I get a court summons for repo, they stated I owed them money, I went to court and the judge ordered that i pay them what they was asking (i never put in a defence as i did not know what to do)... I paid a SOL every month, I was clean, everything paid for, then GMAC sold the account to Cabot, digging it was for charges to the account, £25 for a letter £500 for thirdparty, they sent a guy around to my old address after I told them...

So now i have Cabot try to get 3k inflated charges and there addons...

Do your self a favour SAR them, get all the info you can, I bet there are loads of charges to the account, and they are trying to get you to pay them hidden in the court case.... SAR them today and put in an embarressed plea, wait for the paperwork, did you call them? ask for the transcripts....

trooper68

Trooper68:)

Thanks for the reply rcl.

How do I go about doing this? I have not had any paperwork yet from the court, I am just going on what I was told over the phone.

Thanks again.

you need an N244, and the fee is £65.00 from what i can make out. I have to admit I have never applied for one of these, I have heard of time orders, and got my information from here Debt Factsheets - Time Orders

the N244 can be downloaded from here

Her Majesty's Courts Service -Forms and Guidance

If you need any help, then shout. I would hate to see you lose your car and then have a bigger battle

Any advice I give, is given with the best intention of helping. I am not legally trained, so it is probably best to just ignore me;)

Im sorry, after looking at another thread it seems the N440 is more the form to use

Her Majesty's Courts Service -Forms and Guidance

Apologies for giving crappy information to you yesterday

No problem, I am really grateful for the advice. I will wait for the paperwork to come and get the request sent off.

I just can't get it in to my head why a company would be so awkward? I know I will not be able to but I would never use GMAC again and will be telling anyone who asks what a bunch they are!

Thanks trooper68, I have made a start on the letter requesting this.

Thanks again for all of your help.

No problem, I am really grateful for the advice. I will wait for the paperwork to come and get the request sent off.

I just can't get it in to my head why a company would be so awkward? I know I will not be able to but I would never use GMAC again and will be telling anyone who asks what a bunch they are!

Thanks trooper68, I have made a start on the letter requesting this.

Thanks again for all of your help.

Hi Buddy

Did you move at any time? There admin fees and fees for letters and phone calls are extortionate..

good luck buddy.

Trooper68

• 4 weeks later...

I received the judgement today, which is the same date GMAC should have had their first payment! I have just spoken to the court and I have to take the time order application there asap and also contact GMAC's solicitors to explain the delay, I will have to write to them as I have just spoken to them and they know nothing about it!!

Fingers crossed they accept the £300 per month.

They have also got the Reg number totally wrong and also said I have to pay £290 costs at the rate of £603.28 per month after the agreement has finished?

Thanks.

Hi Buddy

Oh dear, the reg is completely wrong and they have taken you to court, err, is the court aware? Its seems to me that they may have the wrong account details. they use the reg as the refrence to the account. To put it simply, you may have a good argument to dismiss the costs and judgement, because GMAC don't know there ars*s from thier elbows and screwed up they have been persuing the wrong account. Simply they have no idea (by your phone call whats gone on)

Did you go to court? or did you accept the default judgement?

Did you get anything from the SAR?

trooper68

Edited by trooper68
SAR