Bd Credit car finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5095 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My beloved 11 year old Mazda has finally ground to a halt. I desperately need a car to get to work. I have an appointment with the bank on Wed, but I think it will be a total no-no. I have been debt free for only 3 months, but one company is dragging its heels at marking my only CCJ as satisfied. So I need a plan B if the bank says no.

I've been looking up finance on the web, but it doesn't really answer my questions, so:

Hire Purchase - is this a better way to finance a car on bad credit? Does every car dealer offer this?

Car leasing - I have some money saved which could pay a deposit, but would I be credit checked for leasing?

Sub-prime car finance - Don't know if any companies still exist that do this and it's not really an option I want to take, but I know I can afford the repayments so is it worth considering?

My road tax is expires at the end of June, so I need to sort something out ASAP, my neighbour will probably be good for suppling jump starts for the next couple of weeks - bless him! :p

Bank of Scotland account 1 - £2,666 WON

Bank of Scotland account 2 - £2,500 on hold

GE Capital charges -£30 won (hey, every little helps!)

Barclays Partner Finance £425 charges - £225 offer accepted.

Finally debt free after 4.5 years, thanks to my Debt Management Plan through Payplan. There is no better feeling :D

if its more than 3yrs old change the battery anyhow.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

exhaust is about done, rust has taken over, the ball joint is going and although it scraped through the last MOT , the list of advisories covered a page and a half!! It's done 131,000 miles. It probably is the battery, but I don't really want to fork out for a new one as the next MOT is July and there is little chance of it passing. I'm on first name terms with the garage owner as he has nursed it through the last 3 years on a shoestring for me, and he is the one that has told me he has done all he can with it. It's the corrosion underneath and the rust that has finished it. It's a shame, it's been the best car I ever owned, and am looking for another Mazda - but like I said it's the finance I need advise about. I start work at 6am and the public transport doesn't come up my way till about 7am, and it's too far to walk, so I need a car.

Finally debt free after 4.5 years, thanks to my Debt Management Plan through Payplan. There is no better feeling :D

Well I would suggest giving the company who are dragging their heals a push in the right direction, or it could cost you a fair bit in higher interest charges.

Bank is a good option, backup could be likes of Blackhorse who are pretty reasonable in different credit scoring ranges. Just remember a refused credit search can count against you.

Oh I'm pushing them all right, but as it's Greenhalgh's I'm having severe problems, they are the most arrogant, rude, uncaring company I have ever dealt with. :sad: They were very quick to get the CCJ and then the charging order, whole different ball game now it's paid off. :x

It's the refused credit searches I'm worried about, that's why I want to be pretty sure of my options before I start as every knockback is gonna make my credit worse. I have seen Blackhorse mentioned, it may be an option.

Do car dealers have different finance companies to try, if I tell them what my situation is? will they have different options or do I have to try and find something myself? Some of the online sites look well dodgy!

Bank said NO, didn't really expect anything different saying as how they're all 'responsible lenders' (cough) these days:(. Think I'll just take my £500 savings and see what I can get for that!