lcd tv from argos

pinkypink
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5109 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i bought a lcd tv from argos in December, this week it made a popping sound and the screen went white, looking at it closer it looks like the screen has a small crack inside. has anyone heard of this happening before the tv hasnt been knocked or anythink i rang them up and there sending someone to look at it can it be fixed x

Hi i bought a lcd tv from argos in December, this week it made a popping sound and the screen went white, looking at it closer it looks like the screen has a small crack inside. has anyone heard of this happening before the tv hasnt been knocked or anythink i rang them up and there sending someone to look at it can it be fixed x

you need to strat your ownthread

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello and Welcome, Pinkypink.

I've started a new thread for you.

I've also unapproved your other thread, please continue to post on this one.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

If they are sending someone out don't worry at this stage until after they have had a look at it

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

Hi again, someone came today to look at my tv and he basically said that the screen had been hit with somethin which i know hasnt, he took it away to be looked at on his way out he banged the tv into the unit in my hallway. I know i probs should of said somethin but think i was still upset of bein told he thought i caused the damage myself or still being without a tv just dont know what to do next

Really need help now, ive just spoke to argos about my tv and the engineer has told them that its impact damage, i really dont know how as i said earlier no one has touched the tv but i can get my own report if i want, sitting here nearly in tears havent got the money for a report or a new tv still paying for the broken one, ive asked if it could of been damaged before i recieved it and its got worse, i was told my warranty doesnt cover the screen and i will have the broken tv returned to me. Please help

ping blitz

and stop worrying.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/member.php?u=80258

who posted above is very good on argos issues

he works there

click the link and send him a PM to look in

dx

and they

I am really really sorry but if an engineer is saying it is impact damage it makes things a lot more difficult.

Can you tell me the exact date it was purchased, and the exact date you first reported the fault to Argos. (I am after it being less than six months between those two dates). If it is over six months then you will need to get your own report.

If its under I would write a letter to customer services first asking for evidence that any impact was caused by customer misuse. That nothing has impacted the TV outside of the engineer removing it from the property, and should damage such as this happen within an impact the product is clearly not durable and therefore not of a satisfactory quality.

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

Hi thanks for you reply i ordered the tv on 30/11/09 and it was delivered on or just after 8/12/09, i reported it on 7/6/10. so its just over 6 months since i ordered it but under 6 months since i recieved it

look up about thermal stress...this causes screens to crack and i got argos to replace a cracked laptop because of this..they are well aware of thermal stress on screens..but will not admit it...until you drag them outside a court..