Northern Rock

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6168 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've just filed the N1 form at the Court today. Northern rock seem to think that not paying a DD constitutes a "service" they are providing me with. We'll see.

P.

Northern Rock; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered. Recieved details of 6 yrs charges on 8th. Wrote back asking whether or not they hold information going back further than that.

MBNA; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered 14/8/06

Barclays; S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request sent 11/8/06 - Del 14/8/06

Diners Club; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered 14/8/06. Recieved form to fill and return with fee on 17/8/06. Sent form back, delivered 4/9/06.

Intelligent Finance; Prelim letter emailed 16/08/06, claiming £318. Email recieved from "Anne-Marie" 17/8/06 saying my email has been passed to Customer Relations dept. Fob-off letter received 23/8/06, letter sent in return same day - Delivered 24/8/6 Recieved letter offer 25% settelement - refused - LBA sent. MCOL on 10th revcieved notification that they intend to defend on 13th. 06/9/2006 WON!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I sent my letter off to Northern Rock with £10 fee on 22nd Feb.... watch this space!! they certainly won't intimidate me with threats of court action as I work in a solicitors office!!!

Phantomreclaimer

Did you have any success with the Northern rock i am in limbo with them, they have asked for my judgement to be set aside

Sorry for the late reply - been busy doing other stuff recently.

The state of play with NR at the moment is that they have entered a defence to my claim and I need to file the AQ by tomorrow (stop press - a copy of the AQ filed by Northern Rock has just dropped through the door and was almost eaten by the dog).

Like I was saying before, in their letters to me they claim that the charges were made for the service of refusing payment (which is a surprise because the letters they send out clearly say that they are to cover costs). In their defence they've added a sneaky little twist to that which I'll not go into for now. However, I think it's all the better for me because it just makes it look unreasonable on their part that the supposed service they were providing me with has only ever been described precisely by them to me in their defence and I've had my account since 1995!

P.

Northern Rock; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered. Recieved details of 6 yrs charges on 8th. Wrote back asking whether or not they hold information going back further than that.

Diners Club; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered 14/8/06. Recieved form to fill and return with fee on 17/8/06. Sent form back, delivered 4/9/06.

Intelligent Finance; Prelim letter emailed 16/08/06, claiming £318. Email recieved from "Anne-Marie" 17/8/06 saying my email has been passed to Customer Relations dept. Fob-off letter received 23/8/06, letter sent in return same day - Delivered 24/8/6 Recieved letter offer 25% settelement - refused - LBA sent. MCOL on 10th revcieved notification that they intend to defend on 13th. 06/9/2006 WON!!!!!!

PhantomReclaimer

a quick question i am to send my AQ of today for monday;s deadline, but I did not think that you sent a copy to all parties at this stage, is this normal??

I thought only have the courts have read and acted upon this AQ did you send all parties copies of

• courtbundle
  • charges summary etc

The AQ asks whether or not you have sent the other party a copy but dosen't reqire that you do - presumably the Court may do that?

I have sent NR a copy of it though and have sent then a copy of a response I've writen to their defence as well as including it with the AQ when I filed it with the Court. They are going to get it anyway so may as well be sonner rather than later I reckon.

P.

PhantomReclaimer

The letter in response to there defence , can you share with us or not.

I might just e mail a copy of the AQ to the nice lady at the Northern rock also with a copy of the directions??

I would be nice if this speeded things up as it all dragging on.

PhantomReclaimer

The letter in response to there defence , can you share with us or not.

I might just e mail a copy of the AQ to the nice lady at the Northern rock also with a copy of the directions??

I would be nice if this speeded things up as it all dragging on.

Well, they've got a copy of it now so I suppose it's ok to share with everyone. I'm going to do a big post with the whole story and all the docs in but I'm a bit pushed at the moment so I'll try to get it done tonight or tomorrow morning.

Can I ask what they have said about the nature of the charges in their defence to you? In their initial letters to me refusing my refund they claimed that the charges were for the service of refusing the payment request. However, they sneakily modified that in their defence claiming that the service provided is actually one of deciding whether to honour the payment or not. Obviously, this is the first time in 12 years that I've ever heard mention of the existence of such a service and the letters they send out to notify you of each charge clearly state they they are charging you to recover costs, not for having performed a service for you.

P.

I eventually got the list of charges applied to my account over the last 06 years. That was after I issued the 07 day letter. My letter requesting the refund went off this morning recorded delivery, so let's sit back and see!!!!!!!!!!!

NR initially sent me a lost of charges relating to only the previous 6 years. I wrote back pointing out that the request was for all charges, whereupon they produced a lost going back to march 1995. My claim is for all those charges.

They have said in their defence that they intend to apply to have the pre-6 year ones struck out but I've tried to counter that with my response to their defence.

P.

I received my letter from Northern Rock today setting out details of charges over the past 6 years. I will be sending my letter tomorrow asking them to repay the charges - hope I get a quick reply!

P

Eventhough my letter went recorded delivery, 1st class, royal mail have no record of it being delivered! This is the 4th letter that I have sent to different organisations lately that I cannot trace if they have been delivered. What are we paying this extra service for?

• 2 months later...
Ignore their letter it's just bluff. Call their bluff instead, stick with the timetable and file at moneyclaim 14 days after your LBA.

They won't use anything against you in court, because they won't be there.

I had the same letter dated 11th June (prelim sent 1st June) within the 14 days so can I still send the LBA because it says you are disappointed in their failure to reply, but they did....

Ignore their letter it's just bluff. Call their bluff instead, stick with the timetable and file at moneyclaim 14 days after your LBA.

They won't use anything against you in court, because they won't be there.

I had the same letter, what shall I do ?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 11 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6168 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks