Previous Owner's Debt Has Followed Car...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5049 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

best of luck keep us informed :)

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

repo guys came and took it....they parked across our gate all day and refused to leave without it. Said they would have me arrested cos there was a court order out for the car. Hubby said to let it go.

Am gutted. :-(

repo guys came and took it....they parked across our gate all day and refused to leave without it. Said they would have me arrested cos there was a court order out for the car. Hubby said to let it go.

Am gutted. :-(

i think we are all gutted. this is why we say hide the car. but as your car insurance are looking into your case you might find you will be covered. did you see the court order the repo **** had ???

yes I did see it. He had a copy with him.... the young girl half my age who bought it 5 years ago and did the dirty didn't even bother turning up in court. He told me if I didn't hand over the car I would be arrested, so hubby decided to let it go. Will get hold of insurance in the morning, see what they can do. Take previous owner to small claims? Not sure.

im sorry :( get onto the insurance find out what they intend to do about it

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
yes I did see it. He had a copy with him.... the young girl half my age who bought it 5 years ago and did the dirty didn't even bother turning up in court. He told me if I didn't hand over the car I would be arrested, so hubby decided to let it go. Will get hold of insurance in the morning, see what they can do. Take previous owner to small claims? Not sure.

I'm sorry to here that, i've been reading the posts and threads of other caggers, now not getting your hopes up but i think that there may be an issue here,

I not sure but I think that there may be a time limit on the order, i think it only runs for 12 months and must be renewed every year to the max of 6 years- I'm NOT sure, may be some one might know. I may have my wires crossed....

Duration and renewal of writ of execution

Rule 8

(1) For the purpose of execution, a writ of execution is valid in the first instance for 12 months beginning with the date of its issue.

(2) Where a writ has not been wholly executed the court may by order extend the validity of the writ from time to time for a period of 12 months at any one time beginning with the day on which the order is made, if an application for extension is made to the court before the day next following that on which the writ would otherwise expire or such later day, if any, as the court may allow.

(3) Before a writ the validity of which had been extended under paragraph (2) is executed either the writ must be sealed with the seal of the office out of which it was issued showing the date on which the order extending its validity was made or the applicant for the order must serve a notice (in Form No.71 in Practice Direction 4) sealed as aforesaid, on the sheriff to whom the writ is directed or the relevant enforcement officer informing him of the making of the order and the date thereof.

(4) The priority of a writ, the validity of which has been extended under this rule, shall be determined by reference to the date on which it was originally delivered to the sheriff or relevant enforcement officer.

(5) The production of a writ of execution, or of such a notice as is mentioned in paragraph (3) purporting in either case to be sealed as mentioned in that paragraph, shall be evidence that the validity of that writ, or, as the case may be, of the writ referred to in that notice, has been extended under paragraph (2).

(6) If, during the validity of a writ of execution, an interpleader summons is issued in relation to an execution under that writ, the validity of the writ shall be extended until the expiry of 12 months from the conclusion of the interpleader proceedings.

RSC ORDER 46 - WRITS OF EXECUTION: GENERAL - Ministry of Justice

Not that up on this, but a BIG IF...

Anyone comment...

trooper68

Trooper68:)

Thanks for stopping by with all that, Trooper. The court order was in date.

On a more positive note, my car insurance legal team have appointed me with a solicitor, so am hoping i can get my car back, or some money, that way.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks for stopping by with all that, Trooper. The court order was in date.

On a more positive note, my car insurance legal team have appointed me with a solicitor, so am hoping i can get my car back, or some money, that way.

Will keep you posted.

I may mean that the order must run concurrant from the first order-if they just got an updated one from 6 years back-it may be unenforcable- 6 years... so they may have taken the car unlawfully, i think they need to start a new court action to repo the car...

Its worth checking with the SOL...

trooper68

Trooper68:)