Local authority or benefit section

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6328 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've noticed that a few people (including myself) have queries relating to local authority and benefits eg; housing benefit, council tax etc. and we are posting them under the general consumer section.

Would it be possible to have a new section relating to local authority issues or benefits as they seem to be seperate issues from general consumer ones?

It might then be easier for someone with knowledge of these issues to find us and offer help.

Many thanks

:razz:the winner takes it all :razz:

• 4 months later...

Hi from izzyheskint this makes for interesting reading,

DWP - Resource centre - Information for local authorities - Publications - Guidance and manuals - HB/CTB Overpayments Guide

i have been over paid HB to the sum of £1,800 the council have admited they made the mistake by not including my working tax credit in my HB claim, this claim was made in january 2005 they informed me of this mistake in November 2006. The council now use what they call data match and that's how they noticed this. I am disputing this.

Quote- Powys county council Letter

Although we made the error the benefit law says that we can ask for the money back However the law also says that this can only be done in certain circumstances. the point that we must look at is whether you could reasonably have been expected to realize that an overpayment was taking place.

As for a section on local authority and benefits i think someone has to start a thread for this, I am new to this site and still finding my way around

Izzyheskint:)

• 3 weeks later...

Totally agree with the thought of a forum/thread related to these issues

MY CASE

Newbody Vs Abbey

NB: Please read the FAQs & step-by-step instructions thoroughly & completely before commencing any action

the following is a link to a web archive of abbey websites over the time click on month under year to access Abbey's site for that time period to get what the terms and conditions were for when you opened your account Internet Archive Wayback Machine hope it helps or here for where i have started to pull them out to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/91707-archives-abbeys-web-pages.html

Advice & opinions given by me are my views or how i would respond, and are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group & are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions & actions are your own - if in any doubt, seek the opinion of a qualified professional