style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5105 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there wonder if someone can help, have been having mega hassle with this company over the last year or so, I have written 2 letters with offer of payment although i have absolutely no idea how much the want from me. I opened the door a few weeks ago to one of the bailiffs but never let him in the property. To cut a long story short he gave me 3 days to find £251 which yes i know is not a great deal of money but when you are on sickness benefit of £65.30 per week its a hell of a lot, anyway i managed to borrow the money from my daughter and phone him on the friday morning to give him payment, he the3n told me that i had to pay another £138 as 3 of my accounts had been returned to thne council and the £251 was one of the accounts returned with apperently left 2 outstanding accounts and the next one was for £389 I duly paid the £251 and asked for a bit more time to get the £138 together, which i managed to do and paid them £389 and pennies in full. I have never received any acknowledgement of payment and am still getting letters for the others that were supposedly sent back to the council. Ihave even sent the letter recorded delivery and no signature was obtained at the other end so i'm not sure where i stasnd now, hope someone can advise at my wits end now

:sad:

get in touch with the council by phone then follow up with e-mail

you want to know

How many Liability Orders they have

What periods of time they cover

How much each one is for

How much is still outstanding on each one

How much have the the bailiffs sent to the council from payments made and from which account

When each one was passed to the bailifflink3.gif

Ive got to go out Right now but someone will post up a template to send to equita regarding there fees

if not i will post it up when i come back

• Haha 1

Thanks will do that but will head to the council offices first and try to speak to the organ grinder, would appreciate your template and will do everything in writing. I think they take great pleasure in targeting the people who can't pay

"From:

My Name

My Address

To:

Acme bailifflink3.gif Co

bailifflink3.gif House

Ref: Account No: 123456

Dear Sir

With reference to the above account. Can you please provide me with a Breakdownlink3.gif of the charges including Computer Screenshot.

This includes:

a - the time & date of any Bailiff action that incurred a Fee.

b - the reason for the fee.

c - the name(s) of the Bailiff(s) that attended on each occasion a Fee was charged.

d - the name(s) of the Court(s) the Bailiff(s) was/were Cerificated at.

e - the date of the Certification.

This is not a Subject access requestlink3.giflink3.gif under the Data Protection Act S7 1998 so does not incur a fee of £10. You are obliged to provide this information.

I require this information within 14 days.

Yours faithfully

Ripped off customer

hi thanks for template will use straightaway and keep you posted on the outcome

Suggestion for the breakdown request from the Bailiffs - send it by email and follow up with a hard copy in the post sent by Signed For. This means you could email this evening and post in the morning.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,

Notice you're on 'sickness benefits'. Why?

You should not have been coerced into borrowing money to pay this. Creating debt to pay debt resolves no problems...

Rae

hiya on sickness benefit due to depression, escalated by this carry on felt under pressure to borrow the money. only felt releived for a short while. Actually postman just been and brought another 2 letters from them so they have not acknowledged the letter that was posted on the 1st of june. So they been feeding me bull**** about 3 accounts sent back, just to get more money from me. Gonna email council and them now and print of hard copies. Will keep ya posted

hiya on sickness benefit due to depression, escalated by this carry on felt under pressure to borrow the money. only felt releived for a short while. Actually postman just been and brought another 2 letters from them so they have not acknowledged the letter that was posted on the 1st of june. So they been feeding me bull**** about 3 accounts sent back, just to get more money from me. Gonna email council and them now and print of hard copies. Will keep ya posted

keep the envelopes bailiffs cant charge for letters sent by post when collecting council tax

Hi all just a quick note to let ya know that i have managed to get some response from equita. They have now agreed a £5 per week payment for my outstanding council tax. Can relax now thanks a lot for all ur help. Continue the good work.:):):)

I would recommend getting a letter to confirm this arrangement, I managed to get the Council to phone Equita and then it was the council who sent the letter. As long as you got something from the Council or Equita proving the arrangement they can't do anything, I've read stories of bailiffs suddenly cancelling arrangements and knocking on your door again.

And keep receipts!

Yep, the chances are they're hoping you'll either not keep up the payments or a payment will be received 60 seconds late thereby invalidating the plan in their eyes.

Ensure payment is sent 14 days before it is due. If it is due on the 23rd send it on the 9th ...

Best wishes

Rae