Argos and Samsung tv

warriorsq
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5126 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We got a Samsung tv from Argos in Febuary 07 and it came with a free 3 year warranty. Today while I was watching it's decided to stop working. Before I try to get a couple of local firms to price a repair. Is there anything I can do to get Argos to maybe look into it?

thx

Its out of warranty and for argos to have any obligation it would have had to be a fault that was there when you purchased it.

By all means contact argos, they may be able to point you in the right direction of getting it repaired. If you are very lucky in an act of goodwill they may be able to offer you a voucher or similar as a discount off a replacement.

Just remember by being calm and reasonable you are likely to get more from them.

Good luck !

err quote "Its out of warranty" regardless of what Argos tell you , ( not portables etc ) should give more that 3 years service , take time to read the SOGA

depending what you paid for it , is it worth jumping through hoops, you should get a estimate for a repair and present argos with it , it would normally be 6 years service from a television,

err quote "Its out of warranty" regardless of what Argos tell you , ( not portables etc ) should give more that 3 years service , take time to read the SOGA

depending what you paid for it , is it worth jumping through hoops, you should get a estimate for a repair and present argos with it , it would normally be 6 years service from a television,

This is what Consumer Direct informed me today about the 6 years. They said I should get a independent repair company to look at it and see if its a manufacturing defect or inherent problem and if so take the report to Argos to start with