Argos Laptop - HELP

mskai
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5122 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok so after weeks of deliberation, i finally decided to get the Pink Samsung N130 netbook . . . so i buy it and the manager calls me over, slips it into a bag for me and bids me farewell. . . No problem, he was really cool and helpful so I didnt think anything of it.

Anyway I get home and there is a sticker over a broken seal that says it was opened and inspected by someone and there is a signature on it. That annoys me a little but i proceed to remove the laptop.

I take the laptop out and it has black finger prints ALL over it . . .

I'm gonna take it back tomorrow but suspect they'll give me grief about it.

I will be lodging a formal complaint about them selling me an open laptop although they claim they could not open a laptop to show me AND i cannot return it if i simply 'do not like it' so why was it opened? AND why wasnt i told?

Any ideas about whether you think i'm likely to get grief or not?

Edited by mskai
wrong name

Most stores will offer customer views on goods including laptops as being a catalogue store many customers will like to see such expensive products. Why they would inform you otherwise is beyond me, the procedure if a customer view (i.e the box has been opened) is indeed to put an inspected label over the seal with a signature. Permission to open a laptop is at the discretion of the manager, for instance my store manager would most likely refuse, and myself would allow it.

Such items are never used and only seen, its the same as a mobile shop showing a handset (had someone from vodaphone show me one from a sealed box during a mystery shop), for having something like finger prints on the item, it shouldn't happen, and for that I can only apologise.

Unfortunately I suspect you may get grief on returning the item, having high value items returned, especially a laptop can be problematic, with the complaint at hand it all depends on the manager on the day to how helpful they will be. Do take the inspected label in, and complain about the prints. I can understand the anger at having the prints but the customer view is the same as trying clothes on in a store, something we do everyday. Unfortunately human error occurs, do ensure you lodge a complaint with the manager so they can ensure it doesn't happen again.

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.