help ! Nationwide not refunding charges

nuggy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5065 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

can some one please help me !!

I had taken my case with nationwide to the courts and had been waiting well over a year for the out come.

I have just found a letter from january which I hadn't noticed. It states.

I am writing in responseto your complaint about flex accountoverdraft charges.

As you will be awear from earlier letters sent to you, Nationwide(together with a number of otherbanks) has been involved in a court case with the offi9ce of fair trading(OFT) about overdraft charges. Whilst the court case progressed, we were allowed to put your complaqint on hold by the Financial Services Authority (FSA), who gave us permission to suspend the normal timetable for dealing with your concerns. As the court case has come to an end, we are now in a position to respond to your complaint.

We believe that your complaint was about the level,fairness of Flexaccount overdraft charges. the courts have ruled that thees cgarges cannot be considered to be penalties under common law and the amount of the charges cannot be assessed for fairness under the Unfair Terems in Consumer Contract Regulations (UTCCRs). We do not therefore believe there is any legal basis on which the amount of these charges can be challenged.

We are satisfied that the Flexaccont charges you were asking to have refunded were properly charged and the outcome of the court case confirms our view. As a result , your complaint has not been upheld and we will not be refunding the Flexaccount overdraft charges you have complainede about.

I hope that what I have told you has explained our postion. However , if your complaint relates to an issue of fairness other than the amount of the charge, or if you believe that there are other factors that should be taken into account of the charge, or if you believe that there are other factors that should be taken into account in the way we have considered your complaint, please let us know by providing further details that we can review your concerns. If you are still not satisfied, you may then approach the Financial Ombudsman Service for an impartial, independent assessment of the situation.

If you do not come back to us within 2 months of the date of this letter, we will close our file.

The letter is dated january :((

so does that mean it's the ends for me.

I didn't recieve anything from the courts to notify me of any outcome.

Can anyone please advise me

• 1 month later...

Get in touch with the court and ask them what happened to your case.

Write to Nationwide and tell them you have considered the matter and are still not satisfied with their response. I believe people on this forum are looking at other possible ways to attack the matter of unfair penalty charges through the courts so don't give up. Check out some of the threads to see what your next step should be. Don't give up yet!

However , if your complaint relates to an issue of fairness other than the amount of the charge, or if you believe that there are other factors that should be taken into account of the charge, or if you believe that there are other factors that should be taken into account in the way we have considered your complaint, please let us know by providing further details that we can review your concerns.

I thought the argument against the charges now was still about fairness? Just not about the the amount of the charges, it seems they are telling you to pursue a refund down a different avenue!!!

I have spoken to the courts and they said there has been no out come from them yet so..till then nationwide will have to re open their case with me..

so I just have to wait because there is such a back log.

thanx for advice though