Suspended for gross misconduct

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5107 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes, all my friends have told me to keep pursuing this because of the way they have treated me in the past but I really don't think that health wise I am strong enough to go through with further punishment like this.

I have constantly complained about her and her behaviour but like I said because of her relationship to the director my complaints have always been brushed aside. I have always been frustrated with my complaints about her until in the end I just gave up complaining about her. Do you know that one day she shouted at me in the office and called me a liar in front of another director and when I asked the director if that was a disciplinary offence and he said yes and I asked him to discipline her, he did nothing about it. So you can understand why I know I am on a losing side here and feel that I am fighting a losing battle.

My health has seriously deteriorated since all this began.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry about the all experience and still do not understand situation like this one are allowed to take place in the workplace...

Nevertheless, you still can instruct an employment law firm (no win, no fee) and watch it all from afar... however, it is for you to make such decision.

---Aut viam inveniam aut faciam---

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.

To be honest with you a situation like this would never have been allowed to happen in any normal office. The problem here all along has been the relationship between the director and her and because of that relationship nothing has ever been done about her. She has always got away with a lot of things that would normally not be tolerated. No other employee in the office is allowed to get away with anything but then again the rest of us all tow the party line and never step out of line. She does what she likes and gets away with it. Other colleagues have passed comments about her behaviour but no one has ever said anything about her to the bosses because they all know about the relationship and they have all been afraid to speak up for fear of their jobs and now they will all be even more afraid to say anything and she will behave even more appallingly but that would no longer be my problem!

Hi there. Honestly, as far as I can see, these people are idiots and you deserve better.

BRB has a point though, if you felt like instructing a lawyer and watching from afar. You could see justice done.

HB x

PS Please check your inbox.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Just to let all of you know. I resigned from my job and took your advice Bigredbus and wrote my resignation letter in the form of a grievance so should I decide to go back to the tribunal later then at least I have left it open.

I have not heard from my employers to date and really have no idea whether they are accepting my resignation or will just make a decision to dismiss me in my absence.

So just sitting and waiting at the moment I'm afraid.

Hi,

You took a very brave decision... and as difficult as it is, I wish you all the best in the future... I am, somehow, confident that you will find an employer who values you...

You will have to wait for their response as to finding out about their acceptance. Bear in mind that your resignation being a grievance... they could invite you in for a hearing... you would have to attend such meeting and would have to go, again, over the facts you stated in this thread in relation to that 'colleague' misconduct...

If you intend to bring a claim before an Employment Tribunal, you would have to keep the time limit in mind. 3 months minus one day from your effective date of termination to lodge a claim.

Continue posting... you have all our support and help... :)

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.

Well done you, I hope it's a relief. Give it a short time until you come down from the ceiling and then consider what BRB says.

I think you'll be fine given time, and a better job will turn up.

Big hugs, HB x

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thank you Bigredbus for all your help. I really appreciate it. You have been a big help to me and I really appreciate everything that you have done. I do hope that they just accept my resignation and let me get on with my life. I am guessing that they will be glad to get rid of me now so that I can stop pestering them to do something about my colleague's bad behaviour. But of course I will have to wait and see what happens.

Thanks also to Honeybee for your hugs and kind words. They really helped when I was low.

Yes, I will keep posting and will keep you all up to date about what happens. Yes, I too hope that I will get another job that I will be happier in and if I am not this time I know to just walk away and not bother fighting a lost cause. Lesson learnt!

So thanks a lot guys and I will keep you all posted! Have a good one!:)

Hi,

No problem whatsoever... if you need any question answered... please, do not hesitate...

Take great care... and continue posting! :)