Essemess vs MBNA

Essemess
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2854 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Greetings to everyone on the forum, I hope you all had a good Christmas and New Year.

With nothing much to report, I've turned into something of a forum "lurker". lol. The call centres seem to have given up. Last time I spoke with them, they were supposed to send out an income/expenditure sheet and never did. I've received the odd "you pay now" letter, each seemingly a photocopy of the last, but nothing new.

Our accounts have now been passed on to the DCA Debt Clear Recoveries. Not sure if these still qualify as MBNA in house or not. Sent them the letter from the library advising that these accounts should not have been transferred to them.

See what comes of that.

I suspect that some kind of agreement will have to be reached between us, but these financial rapists ( to coin a phrase I've read on here often) should not get an easy ride of it.

• 4 years later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Statute barred date came and went! Yay!

Had a "reduced offer / call us to discuss" letter from CrapQuest back in April and responded to them with account in dispute with MBNA (and had been for almost 6 years at the time of my response!).

Finally heard something back - got a letter from MBNA saying that they will not investigate the complaint as it has been "over 6 years since there was any activity on the account" and that this was "their final response".

Should I frame that letter from MBNA? They have put it in writing that the account has had no activity for over 6 years.

Can this thread be chalked up as a win?