Equifax, - stop processing me automatically

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6486 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sent a section 12 notice on which they recieved on the 21st August, reply dated the 25th - remember a section 12 notice requires them to stop automatic processing of my information.The letter is as follows, (get a cuppa)Dear Mike 220359,Thank you ......Re: Searches,I acknowledge yor request for Equifax to prevent lenders from searching your Credit File however I would like to advise should you apply for Credit (yeah like!) with a company it is necessary for that company to carry out a Credit Search therefore as a CRA Equifax must provide this information and can not prevent any company from accessing your information automatically. However, to stop this automatic process, you can add a Notice of Correction, which causes your file to be manually reviewed.Re: Notice of Correction,A notice of correction is a service available to you within the CCA 1974 section 159. This is an explantory statement of up to 200 words written by you. What you say is up to you, but bear in mind that Credit Lenders are looking at your Credit Report to help them decide whther to lend you money etc. Any lenders searching your file in the future will see and be able to consider the content of your statement.Equifax can refer your Notice of Correction to the Office of the Information Commissioner for adjudication, if we think it is incorrect, defamatory, frivolous, scandalous or is for any other reason unsuitable.Should you wish for me to add a Notice of Correction please complete the enclosed...form.Re: Credit FileAnticipating you may wish to view a copy of your personal Report I have now arranged for a complimentary copy of your Credit File to be sent out to you, which you will recieve under a seperate cover. Once you have recieved this, if you have any qyueries please contact our Credit File Advice Line on 08700-100583 (the hell I will, phoning you will give you money!), and they can discuss any queries that you may have.Re: DisputeOnce you are in receipt of your Credit File, if you beleiev any of the netries are factually incorrect we have a disputes team who can investigate this further for you.If you would like us to (I'm getting bored now!) investigate any entries on your behalf, please complete the enclosed Notice of Dispute form, and return to the above address.............Once we are in receipt of your completed dispute form we will contact the supplier concerned to verify the accuracy of the details we hold and will add a notice to your Credit Report to show that the entry is in dispute. Once we receive a response from the subscribing client we will inform you of the outcome.I trust that this is satisfactory...................please contact me at the above.Yours Sincerely,Angela Sludds (printed signature)Escalation Advisor-------------------------------------------------------------------------------Well there it is, a very obtuse letter with elemental syntax errors. I shall go away and have a think about my reply (which will be posted on here), but the crux of the reply will be 'I gave you until the 29th August to comply with my request that all automatic processing of data, can you confirm that this has happened, if not letter to the Information Commissioner I'm afraid'One subtle nuance though is the implied legal obligation to provide information to potential lenders viz 'as a CRA Equifax must provide this information and can not prevent any company from accessing your information automatically' The letter is also contradictory in that it goes onto say 'However, to stop this automatic process, you can add a Notice of Correction, which causes your file to be manually reviewed.'As I said a very obtuse letter.Mike

If I've helped tip my scales

Blair Oliver & Scott, £2500 written off December 2006 Default removed January 2007:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/56001-mike220359-blair-oliver-scott.html

Monument, didn't sign the agreement

:D

Lloyds TSB didn't sign the agreement!

Citicards, didn't sign the agreement

RBS tut, tut!

:rolleyes:

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

Sorry this hasn't come out to well so I'll try to re dit it.Sent a section 12 notice on which they recieved on the 21st August, reply dated the 25th - remember a section 12 notice requires them to stop automatic processing of my information.The letter is as follows, (get a cuppa)Dear Mike 220359,Thank you ......Re: Searches,I acknowledge yor request for Equifax to prevent lenders from searching your Credit File however I would like to advise should you apply for Credit (yeah like!) with a company it is necessary for that company to carry out a Credit Search therefore as a CRA Equifax must provide this information and can not prevent any company from accessing your information automatically. However, to stop this automatic process, you can add a Notice of Correction, which causes your file to be manually reviewed.Re: Notice of Correction,A notice of correction is a service available to you within the CCA 1974 section 159. This is an explantory statement of up to 200 words written by you. What you say is up to you, but bear in mind that Credit Lenders are looking at your Credit Report to help them decide whther to lend you money etc. Any lenders searching your file in the future will see and be able to consider the content of your statement.Equifax can refer your Notice of Correction to the Office of the Information Commissioner for adjudication, if we think it is incorrect, defamatory, frivolous, scandalous or is for any other reason unsuitable.Should you wish for me to add a Notice of Correction please complete the enclosed...form.Re: Credit FileAnticipating you may wish to view a copy of your personal Report I have now arranged for a complimentary copy of your Credit File to be sent out to you, which you will recieve under a seperate cover. Once you have recieved this, if you have any qyueries please contact our Credit File Advice Line on 08700-100583 (the hell I will, phoning you will give you money!), and they can discuss any queries that you may have.Re: DisputeOnce you are in receipt of your Credit File, if you beleiev any of the netries are factually incorrect we have a disputes team who can investigate this further for you.If you would like us to (I'm getting bored now!) investigate any entries on your behalf, please complete the enclosed Notice of Dispute form, and return to the above address.............Once we are in receipt of your completed dispute form we will contact the supplier concerned to verify the accuracy of the details we hold and will add a notice to your Credit Report to show that the entry is in dispute. Once we receive a response from the subscribing client we will inform you of the outcome.I trust that this is satisfactory...................please contact me at the above.Yours Sincerely,Angela Sludds (printed signature)Escalation Advisor-------------------------------------------------------------------------------Well there it is, a very obtuse letter with elemental syntax errors. I shall go away and have a think about my reply (which will be posted on here), but the crux of the reply will be 'I gave you until the 29th August to comply with my request that all automatic processing of data, can you confirm that this has happened, if not letter to the Information Commissioner I'm afraid'One subtle nuance though is the implied legal obligation to provide information to potential lenders viz 'as a CRA Equifax must provide this information and can not prevent any company from accessing your information automatically' The letter is also contradictory in that it goes onto say 'However, to stop this automatic process, you can add a Notice of Correction, which causes your file to be manually reviewed.'As I said a very obtuse letter.Mike

Blair Oliver & Scott, £2500 written off December 2006 Default removed January 2007:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/56001-mike220359-blair-oliver-scott.html

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

Rubbish Should these agencies really be in a postition to ruin peoples lives. The notice tells them to stop using your data period.

The only problem & it's a big one is the chocolate teapot ICO will not enforce the laws of this land.

Lets mount a campaign against the so called regulators & their repeated failure to protect the consumer

Is the court not an option to seek and order forcing them to comply unless they can show good reason why they shouldnt, as if! Similar in the way you can apply to court to force them to comply with a SAR under the DPA.

GLenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Hey, you could go to each individual company supplyin any adverse credit, bad entries for automated requests, taking all the bad but leaving the good on your file??

Which is also what I have suggested previously. :D

I just think it's the much better option :)

Fair play to you all.

Well that was the only reply I had from any of the CRAs so I'm going to do what I promised a letter of complaint to the IC, you have to do what you threaten.

Mike

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear