LCS Leeds? SKY debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5085 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone heard of this outfit?

I have just had a letter, reasonably polite at this stage, from them chasing an alleged outstanding small amount to SKY, as far as I am concerned, this was finished with mid 2006.

Should I send them the No knowledge letter first na then if neccessary the CCA (if this is relevant top Sky tv service) ?

Many thanks

not heard of them myself but got the same letter today....small amount 46.00 and for sky, which i havent even been with for over six or seven years....someone will be along to advise both of us but i aint stressing! lol

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

ONGOING AND STILL ONGOING

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Yes that's it.

PF

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

ONGOING AND STILL ONGOING

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Had letters from LCS in Leeds a couple of years ago over an old electricity account at a community project. It had been paid, we had sent copies of the bank statements showing the payments.

The guy I spoke to asked me to write to him, I did, sent all the info, never heard any more - despite asking for a refund of the cost of sending the letter as it was over and above what we needed to do really.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Jusdt to clarify my thoughts, in respect of a Sky monthly tv sub, would a CCA be an appropriate request?

yes, since you were credit scored fro sky and you will have "presumably" signed forms for the 12 month contract with a signature and agreeing to their terms of payment etc.

i had a letter from these cowboys 2years ago, i sent it back not at this address, never heard from them again. i would advise the same really.

i had sky, signed it all over into my ex's name when i moved out, 5-6years later got an £80.00 letter saying i owed sky lol. didnt bother replying, id advise doing the same as me, not at this address, they wont bother you again.

Hi V Demon,

It would be wrong to return post "Not Known at this address" and there are many ways a DCA or creditor can check to see if you are at a particular address.

A CCA request deals specifically with a Consumer Credit Agreement relating to a Fixed Sum Loan, a Running Account Agreement (Credit Card) or a Hire Purchase Agreement. So I don't think a CCA request is appropriate.

This may be more appropriate - http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/573-general-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt

If there does appear to be any debt remaining, let the alleged creditor prove it.

A SAR would enable you to see if, and how, any debt remains, but I'd wait for a response to the linked letter.

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thank you,

I had no intention of doing a "Not Known", and have sent a slight variant on the template letter, I agree that the CCA woud appear to be perhaps not relevant. I am thinking along the next lines of response to LCS, that I will not deal with them, and that the should pass it back to Sky to prove any outatanding amount and deal with them directly, I have no contract or liability to LCS, so they will get a Data Protection Stautory notice I think?

I had no intention of doing a "Not Known"

The way I read it, that was with reference to the 'advice' offered by someone else, suggesting that as a course of action.

There's a game to play, involving going through the motions and sending certain bits of paperwork off. To ignore or try to mislead is not always the best course and I'd agree with slick's advice.

I often consider the fact that other people will wander through these threads later, looking for the right way to do things - hence trying to clarify when there may be something that's not very clear.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Hi Vengeance,

Yes, my remarks were aimed at the suggestion made by Naxxas which, although effective in that case, is not the proper way to deal with such matters.

See if your response to LCS sends them scurrying off, and then deal with any subsequent contact from the DCA or Sky accordingly.

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Well, a response received today, basically on the well trodden path of a DCA threat o gram, you know, Solicitors, Doorstep callers Court Costs, ritual disembowellment, burning of first born etc etc.

SO I have responded with a letter saying that I will only deal with Sky directly, and it is up to them (Sky) to provide a proof of any amount owing ( they say £38.50) Now, it may well be due, but I am damned if I will cough up to some half ars*d banch of fly by nights without any proof ( said to be pre July 2006)

I have also sent them a S10 Data Protection letter and the "Trespass letter" and told them that if they will not provide written compliance with the DPA and the Trespass, I will take legal action ( whether I do or dont is neither here nor there) I am just fed up with the intimidatory tactics of all organisations of this breed.

As far as I am concerned, LCS can go and take "A Flying F***at a rolling Doughnut"

They've just sent me a letter apparently i owe Sky £60 exactly!?!

I don't remember owing them anything so i intend to send that linked letter from the earlier post.

Rebecca Carter wrote to me saying "i'm sure this is simply an oversight"

Ha...prove it i say!!

• 2 weeks later...

Received a response yesterday saying that everythings 'on hold' until the paperwork is received from Sky.....

I don't mind if I never get a response back, i don't think i owe sky anything and i don't thnik they can prove it!

• 2 weeks later...

I too had a letter fom them saying I owe British Gas some £270 from the place I used to live 2 years ago, but I'm pretty sure all my bills were paid for.. I called up and said everything should've been sorted and I know nothing about the "debt" etc. Then couple of days ago I received a second letter, guess similar format to the one as vengeancedemon.. with the "threats" and so on. so i sent them a copy of the letter slick132 has referred to, and included the part from the template about the "trespass". we'll see how it goes..

MB

Hi all,

I am too being chased by LCS Leeds regarding a Sky debt of £71 but this is not my debt although the situation gets sticky. So I need some advice on what my best course of action is (BTW I'm currently out of the country therefore I would prefer to contact them via e-mail if possible).

Here's why it's a sticky situation -

Oct 07 - purchased a second hand Sky viewing card to use for Setanta Sports. Wasn't able to subscribe to Setanta Sports because they told me the card registered address didn't match my London home address

Oct 07 - called Sky to change the name and address on the second hand viewing card. They said not possible to change name but can do address. During the conversation it was revealed to me by the advisor the previous surname and address in Gateshead that the card was registered to. Proceeded to sign up with Setanta Sports

Jan 09 - cancelled Setanta Sports

Jan 09 - signed up to Sky but at my mum's address

Mar 10 - receive letter from LCS Leeds to my mum's address regarding old viewing card registered to my home address. It appears the old card had a debt relating to it.

Mar 10 - sent e-mail to LCS Leeds explaining that I bought the card in Oct 07 and any debt relating to a date before this is not mine and that a further check with Sky relating to the credit agreement would reveal the name and address to whom the debt would relate to. Also provided them the name and the Gateshead address. They replied saying they will contact Sky.

June 10 - receive e-mail from LCS Leeds confirming that the registered address is Gateshead and the account billing is up to April 06. However, the date of birth they confirmed is mine. Then they asked me to contact them to arrange the payment.

So it seems like Sky, to whom I am registered at my mum's address, provided LCS Leeds my name and mum's address for a debt that has nothing to do with me as it relates to a period before I changed the address to my home address (different to my mum's).

For some reason, Sky must have overwritten the previous person's details with mine, fobbed me off with an excuse saying that it's not possible to alter the original name details when the card was first setup, and sold the debt to LCS Leeds. So from LCS point of view, Sky are supplying my details for debt.

Should I just pay the money and forget about it?

Surely Sky would have a copy of the bill the debt relates to? But I reckon if they were to reprint a bill, it would now come with my name on it as somehow some call centre has muddled things up.

Would asking for the original credit agreement help in this case?

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

well i have received another letter, now offering me to pay the debt with a 20% discount!! I mean, is this Tesco's or what? this makes me trust them even less!

They further threaten on "instigating formal Legal proceedings against me in 10 days. further expenses may incur including court fees, legal representation, interest and administrative charges"

I have sent then another letter, reminding my intentions on reporting them to TS and FTO and reassuring I will only deal with them if they provide any proof, or otherwise British Gas directly.

Firstly, am I right to think that without providing evidence as to my liability for the debt, they cannot take any legal actions against me?

Secondly, If I have to, how would I go about on actually reporting them to the aforementioned institutions? Are there any templates etc?

Cheers guys