when does a cca1974 agreement end?

amilucky
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5104 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all - this may not be the right place to ask this question but best place i can find.

situation - cahoot flexi loan account, consumer credit act 1974, paid off, letter recieved from cahoot confirming closure of account.

several months latter, letter recieved saying i still owe, after a load of grief trying to get explanation etc im under the impression that at some point they say they wrongly credited the account and as such a balance remains. though they are being very evassive and unwilling to supply statements so unable to verify any of this myself.

question - by writing and confirming the closure of the account did they terminate all rights they may have had under that agreement and as such if they did make a mistake somewhere along the line then its there problem???

How about sending them a subject access request they will then have to provide all the statements for you. Its strange the acct is closed & paid off one minute then seems to have a balance/amount owing again the next????

Do you remember paying any sums to this acct or by a miracle did it happen as if by magic (money got incorrectly credited to your acct by some other means kinda thing???)

CAG NEEDS FUNDS PLEASE DONATE AS MUCH OR AS LITTLE WHERE POSSIBLE

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/paypal.php?go=donate

hi mydogsawestie, its a long story but basically i was paying of a number of debts at the time including this account, account was then closed and i got a letter to confirm that, and my credit file shows the debt as satisfied. several months latter they sent me a number of letters just basically saying i still owed pay up or else. its taken about 3 years but they now claim they credited the account with an amount incorretly and as such there is still a balance.

Hi,

As I see it (but I could be wrong) once an account has been closed (as opposed to terminated) then any obligation you may have with them dies. You are not bound by any terms and conditions as they lapsed on closure. They cannot re-instate the agreement without your permission. Also, they cannot mark your credit file as your permission to do so also lapsed.

They made the mistake as they have confirmed. They can suffer the loss

As advised, I would SAR them

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

hi mydogsawestie, i got a letter to confirm that, and my credit file shows the debt as satisfied.

How much are we talking about anyway that they are continually harassing you over.....? I think its there problem, not yours & should take the hit for it too!!

CAG NEEDS FUNDS PLEASE DONATE AS MUCH OR AS LITTLE WHERE POSSIBLE

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/paypal.php?go=donate

thanks guys - thats what i was thinking. i did subject access them when they first made the allegation, and although they claim they sent it i didnt recieve anything, does that mean they have complied with my request? or do i auctually have to recieve it for them to have complied? id rather just ignore them if its not going to bite me later then as far as im concerned the matters closed.

• 4 weeks later...