Can a conviction for which you pleaded be guilty be later quashed?

Tom87
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5143 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you are bullied, intimidated etc. by the police to plead guilty to a crime you did not commit and you therefore get a criminal record because of it, can you later appeal and get it quashed, or will the system see it as if you pleaded guilty then you must be guilty?

The corrupt police are not that interested in the truth; once they have a suspect and some circumstantial evidence they will press for a prosecution even if they are aware that the suspect is not the actual perpetrator of the crime. They scare you into thinking they have enough to find you guilty, so you plead guilty against all legal advice because the consequences of pleading not guilty then being found guilty are much worse.

Secondly, I wonder if there is any precedent for an innocent person pleading guilty to a charge but the judge dismissing the case where it is obvious the person has only pleaded guilty as a result of police aggression forcing a false confession?

Or is it simply the unjust case that once you plead guilty, you are irrevocably seen as truly guilty?

Finally will any overturned convictions or wrongful arrests turn up on a future CRB check?

yes you can appeal

if you win i think it must be wiped from the crb.

however, not sure about the fact that you were 'investigated' for it though if that will go

dx

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi, thanks for such a quick reply.

Sorry I can't go into more details on here but basically several years ago I served 4 months after pleading guilty to something I didn't do because I made a false confession after a lot of aggressive intimidation. It was a complete sham but I was naive and wanted to minimise the harm on myself and my family so just bit the bullet and it was over quickly.

I am self-employed so a CRB check has never been an issue to me, also before now I was scared of retaliation from the police, as I know now how completely corrupt that organisation is and they can do anything they like to criminalise people, whether it's fabricate evidence, take bribes or threaten you. Now the time has passed and I want to erase it from my records, I just hope it's not too late to appeal.

no its never too late.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you very much for your replies and encouragement. A complaint to the IPCC is also in process, regarding the officers in particular who forced the confession out of me. I feel it is my civic duty to expose these **** and protect other people from these bent policemen and I want to destroy their lives like they tried and failed to destroy mine. I feel guilty that I have waited this long because there may be other people who have suffered unfairly due to these people and I could have said something earlier to stop it.

Don't be too hard on the police, they are under strict orders from Gordon Brown to bring down the crime figures and up the detected figures so he can publish these figures along with his other lies to try and stay in power.

Anyone read Presumed Guilty by Michael Mansfield QC? This has been going on for years and will continue to happen unless the system is completely reformed. Anyone who has suffered this should fight it or it will continue. There must be a support group that will advise on getting convictions overturned. Good Luck.