style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4491 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is a legal requirement by 31 May each year.

May I ask do you get regular payslips showing your rate of pay, tax deducted and NI deducted?

If you do then your company are missing part of the end of tax year procedure - if not I suspect something more sinister.

Beau

Please note: I am not a lawyer and as such any advice I give is purely from a laymans point of view;-)

So I phoned ACAS. They said to phone HMRC. They also said its not a requirement under employment law that work should supply one however HMRC will be able to advise. I guess I will be ringing them when I can.

I'm a little worried in case I start something.

Hi,

In accordance with s67 of The Income Tax (Pay As You Earn) Regulations 2003, an employer MUST give a certificate (Form P60) to every employee... this is a legal requirement...

---Aut viam inveniam aut faciam---

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.

So I phoned ACAS. They said to phone HMRC. They also said its not a requirement under employment law that work should supply one however HMRC will be able to advise. I guess I will be ringing them when I can.

I'm a little worried in case I start something.

Far be it for me to overrule the mighty ACAS but in this instance the advice is wrong i'm afraid

Check this link from HMRC

HM Revenue & Customs: Employee tax forms

You will only be asserting your statutory rights if you do start something

Beau

Please note: I am not a lawyer and as such any advice I give is purely from a laymans point of view;-)

• 1 year later...

I hate to drag up an old thread.........since I started this thread I have contacted the tax office twice, probably about a year apart. I have informed them about this situation they took lots of information from me and said they would pass it onto someone who would decide if they would take a closer look.

Nothing seems to ever happen. both times I asked to be kept annonomous.

In the meantime I have contacted the National Insurance office who sent me through a breakdown of all the NI I have ever paid.

They have not received a penny from me for the last 6 years. Now I have all but 2 of my wage slips to prove I have paid. So I think I will be ok for the NI side of things.

Will the tax office accept my wage slips as proof that I have paid tax?

Talking to the tax office over the phone doesn't seem to get results, if i were to write to them do they have to follow through?

I would send them a letter . When I worked for them 20 odd years ago a telephone call would suffice, but now you just get put through to a call centre. Send it registered post or if the tax office is local hand it in personally & ask for a receipt. If you can track it them you can prove you hannded it in. HRMC is covered by th Official Secrets Act so they are bound by law to keep info confidential. In my day we also had a duty to pass these sort of letters on to Investigations Unit within 14 days. Not sure if this still stands. When you write you letter send copies(not originals) of your payslips & mention that your NI hasn't been paid either, attach a copyof the letter/document from the Ni Dept too.

If you don't hear anything after 2 weeks give them a ring to chase it up.

Hope this helps

You could ring the tax office again and say that you wish to make a HUMINT report (human intelligence)

The details will be passed to employer compliance in the area that deals with the employers business address. From what you've said, it appears that there is no PAYE scheme set up with HMRC which is why the P60 certificates have never been chased up.

Check your payslip to see if there is a PAYE reference, it will look something like this; 123/AZ45

Don't worry about the NI, the NI office will deem the contributions to have been made as you have evidence in the form of your payslips.

Gbarbm