Stop a program from automatically starting with Windows 7 (one for locotus I think)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5131 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My laptop can't argue with the big boys at all. But I have just upgraded from a laptop running 1 gig Ram and Vista, to a laptop with 2 gig Ram and Windows 7. The difference is amazing. The new laptop is a hell of a lot faster than the old one.

Can't wait till I get a 4 gig ram.:eek:

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

My laptop can't argue with the big boys at all.

It never will. Unless you really need the portability, I'd always advocate a desktop over a laptop, especially for gaming.

They send to be cheaper, are often more stable (especially where heat-related issues are concerned) and are near-infinitely customisable. They tend to be easier to deal with issues when they crop up as well.

• Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...
Thanks m8. This Windows 7 has got some good little gadgets. My laptop now only takes 2 minutes to boot up. The old one took about 10.

Is there anyway you can boost up the computers base score without paying anything? My score at the moment is only 3.3, the processor speed is 4.9 but it only gives you the base score on the lowest which is something to do with the graphics.

On laptops with integrated graphics cards, it steals a chunk of RAM from the entire system.

Some allow for the amount to be configured in the BIOS. What laptop model are you using? It may be possible with yours to assign more, hopefully boosting your score!

G

• Haha 1

Hi griffzilla, I have a Samsung R519 with a free upgrade to 2GB ram.

Nothing special I know, but much faster than the one I paid £600 a few years ago. The Samsung was much cheaper.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

The Intel GMA X4500M graphics that is integrated is actually pretty good apart from it having no dedicated memory (dedicated memory in graphics cards tends to be faster, and with out dedicated memory, you have to use system memory, which lowers the amount of memory available to you and your programs.) It should manage many newish games providing you can up the memory to 256 meg or 512 meg (I'd try to set it to 256 meg if I was on a 2 gig laptop running windows 7... leaves 1.75 gig for Windows 7)

To try to change the amount of memory dedicated to graphics press F2 at the samsung screen immediately after you press the power on. the screens from there forward are different on different computers (and it's been some time since I had a computer with integrated graphics and no dedicated memory :p). Alter nothing apart from if you find the dedicated memory.

Check your WEI score before and after, but as Uncle Tez said, it's not the holy grail of if a system will run a game.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar