Do You Think The Bank Can Not Go Far Back For Your Account No.

savingmoneynovice
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6499 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had the same trouble, and with a lot of help from the 'natwest staff member' I found out my account no. and sort code. All you have to do is tell the person you are speaking to is that you are in dispute with a company and that you are going to need past bank statements.

You will receive a lot of negative feedback that they can't do it, but as long as you can prove your identity, and have a rough idea as to when you opened and closed the account THEY can find your details on the Natwest archive. I couldn't remember when I opened my account, it must of been early 90's approx, closed in 03. So my advice is go for it, if they have your money, go in and ask for your details.

The one thing I can warn you about is, they will try and charge you with massive charges for supplying the copy statements, just say, it is £5 per request for them or you will seek a S.A.R. to access the past statements which will cost you £10. I could not have helped anyone out there if it wasn't for the 'Natwest staff member'. Iwill keep you informed of my progress, and hope to hear from anyone with similar experiences, and we can do this together!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I am quite gobsmacked. Thank you for the comments and it was a pleasure to help. Because your account was open in October 2002 it was as easy as 1,2,3.

Thank you again and Good Luck, i'll be following with interest your thread