log books loans letter sent

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5988 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

sent letter of recorded requesting refund of charges giving them 14 days to respond wanted to add that i was charging them £20 for the letter like they did to me counting down the days.....

• 2 weeks later...

received this reply from log book loans today .....

Thank you for your letter received and not dated today.I am puzzled by your reference to a letter you sent on 24/08/06 as no such letter has been received by this office, could you please confirm these details are correct and not simply a part of the standard document letter you have copied/ to send to us?

I am afraid your comments regarding advice issued by the oft are slightly misleading.

The advice issued was a reveiw on the charges applied by credit card issuers for defaulted payments.

This is, clearly, a different spere to our business.

I am afraid that as you already accepted the fair and reasonable charges applied to your account due to you breaching the terms of the contract with us no refund will be considered. signed by paul foster collections manager

Ahh ahh so as i thought they are viewing and/or watching this forum as i suspected. I have also potentially Pi**ed a few off of them as well?.:D

It would therefore seem they LBL Ltd need a bit more leverage other than a "LBA", i did advise all involved with these problems with LBL Ltd in one way or another your going to need more than this?.:eek:

CaLL Me On INTeRNeT CaLLS @ "NoBBY_ONLiNE":D

NB: Any advice given ?(if any) is given freely and without constraints,it and any information is based upon personal knowledge and personal experiences and/or views it should therefore only be regarded as advice and not a statement of the law, for that you should seek professional legal advice!.

hi v j r ,so what advice can you give ?

I would of course be interested in that advice also...! At least you have had a response to your LBA and immediately! I have had no response to any of my letters with the last one being LBA sent on the 31st August, but I am staying on track with MCOL being done next Wednesday.

Keep on fighting honey we'll get there!!

Boo

;) Boobaby

Please hit the scales if you think I've helped!

Please note that advice given is purely my opinion and should be treated as such.

FAQ’s

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

HSBC Claim - August 2006 £2,700 paid November 2006

Halifax Claim - August 2006 £4,100 paid December 2006

GE Capital - August 2006 - settled

Log Book Loans - August 2007 - sorted

duplicate letter sent should have been received today lets see what they make of this..... anyway theres no way that i will give up on this and the next step is court i cant wait!!!!! this company need to be given some of their own medicine they made my life hell and if i knew what i know now i would have cut their wheel clamp off and stuffed it where the sun dont shine... cheers boo for all your support and good luck with your case will be watching thanks for the pm very helpful

• 3 weeks later...
duplicate letter sent should have been received today lets see what they make of this..... anyway theres no way that i will give up on this and the next step is court i cant wait!!!!! this company need to be given some of their own medicine they made my life hell and if i knew what i know now i would have cut their wheel clamp off and stuffed it where the sun dont shine... cheers boo for all your support and good luck with your case will be watching thanks for the pm very helpful

Hi there

Was wondering how things were going? Did you see programme about the balliffs, would be great if they could do one on LBL, maybe we can make one :D

Keep us informed of your progress :)

If you think I have helped hop on the scales. If I was useless best to keep quiet me thinks:D

hi nellie sadly missed programme on bailiffs but waiting to submit claim on line waiting for pay day though !!! i got a ridiculous letter from log book loans just a duplicate of previous letter stating their position that they think their charges are fair !!!!!!! (from the same paul foster) ha ha ha ,so cant wait to take them on:-? will keep you updated

• 1 month later...

My Car has been reposessed today. I had a loan of £1000 12 months ago (the loan was for 12 months). I defaulted and over the year picked up £700 in late charges (£20 for each letter they sent me). I made a payment of £250 in October, which was the original loan amount then paid off, the loan has expired and just the late payment charges outstanding. When I made this payment they said they would look for the payment to clear in their bank and then they would contact me to arrange a repayment plan for the outstanding late payment charges. I have had no more contact from them in nearly one month and then all of a sudden they clamped my car this morning then took it away. The man who repossed it needed £1200 cash from me (at 8.00am)! He also said he couldn't accept a cheque. I didn't have this kind of money so he has taken the car away. I have arranged for somebody to lend me the money so I will be getting my car back later today. Can anybody advise if there is anything I can do about this? They were writing to me nearly every day when they could charge me £20 for it. Especially with the original loan amount being paid off and only late charges outstanding? And the fact that it's gone from £700 to £1200 in the space of one month. Would this be charges for the reposession company to collect the car? The original loan was for £1000 and i will have ended up paying £3000 back

Probably too late at this stage to help you,why didn't you seek help earlier? if they've repossessed the car it is highly likely that they have also terminated any agreement you had with them, so they are unlikely to release the vehicle and/or enter into any other agreement!.:eek:

The clamping scenario is that they have to allow at least 1 hour before they remove is good practice.:!:

CaLL Me On INTeRNeT CaLLS @ "NoBBY_ONLiNE":D

NB: Any advice given ?(if any) is given freely and without constraints,it and any information is based upon personal knowledge and personal experiences and/or views it should therefore only be regarded as advice and not a statement of the law, for that you should seek professional legal advice!.

• 7 months later...

just a quick qestion i took a lbl out on my car but i don't actually own it i am just the regiested keeper my mum paid for the car and it says on the v5 that you are not the prson who owns the car just its keeper the person that paid for it owns it dose this make a diffrence as my mum had no knowledge i took out the loan and i am one month late (£140) and being orderd to pay 1600 now or they will take my car

hi im very interested in the outcome of this

im in same position allthogh they have not took my car yet i suspect there planning to

i spoke to trading standards and the ombudsman about these people am waiting for them to phone me back today

i also believe but not confirmed that watchdog are very interested in these people and want to hear about peoples experiences

treble99

hi im very interested in the outcome of this

im in same position allthogh they have not took my car yet i suspect there planning to

i spoke to trading standards and the ombudsman about these people am waiting for them to phone me back today

i also believe but not confirmed that watchdog are very interested in these people and want to hear about peoples experiences

treble99

If you read my post on the "LBL LTD" tread you will see what happened to me and my car I would advise you hide your car and let them try and take you to court later if they want the car ,I would rather deal with a judge than deal with lbl as lbl just do what they want.

• 1 month later...

I have been in touch with the ferret an itv consumer programme i believe that if we expose these people not only the company but the individuals whom work for this company about their attitudes and charges then prehaps we can resolve this without other members of the public get done like us.

please get intouch with them

(ferret@htv-wales.co.uk)

• 5 months later...

Remember Remember Remember Log Book Loans Must Have A Visible Sia (security Industry Authority) Valid Badge. If They Dont Have One They Are Allowed A Licence Dispensation Number. Mention This To Them If They Dont Have It Phone Phone Phone The Sia-contact Details From Google Search Engine.

This Badge Is A Legal Requirement. I Am Pulling My Hair Out In Frustration That No-one Knows About This. It Has Been In England And Wales For Approx 2 Years But Its Very New In Scotland. I Asked The Bailiff That Came To My Door At 0800, Where His Badge Was. He Gave Me To 1530 To Get The Money.

Remember Remember The Sia