old abbey debt now with DCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5165 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I recently started a thread in the General forum regarding my situation in general and am now hoping for some advice specifically on hardship claims.

I attempted to resolve the issue of an outstanding overdraft with Abbey sometime ago (I was ill and signed off work for sometime so had no income or benefits and couldn't keep pay it off). Despite numerous calls, visits to the branch, letters etc I couldn't get anyone through to anyone that could help ie freeze the interest, stop future payments, even record my correspondance! Instead I was just passed from department to department before the debt was eventually sold to a debt collection agency.

Just before this I had become very ill and was unable to deal with any of it properly so unfortunately I just let them get on with it. I've now spoken to the debt agency who were very helpful an advised me to talk to Abbey again (cue another round of phone calls and letters with no response from them....).

What I'm hoping to do is request that Abbey reduce the debt by removing the charges they placed on the account (on the basis of hardship). I realise very few hardship claims are accepted but on principle, would it be possible for them to change the amount once it's been sent to the debt agency? (I'm presuming Santander own the agency anyway).

Any info welcome! Thanks for reading :)

Also...if anyone has an address or person that they can actually get a response from please could you let me know. I've tried the contacts page already, thank you!

yes of course you can still deal with the original creditor, and unless you have had a Notice of assignment then they have not sold it

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

Thanks for the info. I did have a letter saying they sold it but from searching the forums it seems there are often disputes regarding whether or not such letters constitute a Notice of Assignment.

Will try this approach with the bank and hopefully get somewhere!

Hi,

I sent a letter today to Abbey/Santander claiming hardship, dont kno if you already have this info but the address I was told to send it to was as below,

Santander

Santander House

201 Grafton Gate East

Milton Keynes

MK9 1AN

Hope it helps

Ah, thanks for posting the address dadinjune2010. I found this one:

Credit Data Management Team

Santander Card Services

PO Box 700

Leeds

LS99 2BD

at http://www.santandercards.com/csgs/Satellite?appID=abbey.internet.WCUKSanCards&c=Page&canal=CSUKCARDS&cid=1237839291915&empr=WCUKSanCards&leng=en_GB&pagename=WCUKSanCards%2FPage%2FWCCSUKCARDS_Page_TemplateA2

but that site is about Santander Cards so the address you posted may be more relevant to my needs (general bank account and loan rather than card).

Thanks again :)

I might try sending it to a couple of addresses, I found a STICKY on the Abbey forums main page that has a list of contact addresses, the one I sent my letter too had not been included so I might try a couple of those as well. Well worth the 40p stamp I think.

I guess that their ouldnt be anything wrong with sending more than one letter, as long as they are all sent with the same date on. I may be wrong though

Yeah I thought about just sending the letter to all the addresses but I fear it may result in getting a response from them claiming that 'another department is dealing with it' and no-one actually dealing with it :rolleyes:

Have you considered sending it Recorded Delivery? Not sure if it would work but if they sign for it at least they can't claim they haven't received it.

I've just emailed Customer Services at customer.services@santander.co.uk to ask for the correct person and address to send a Subject Access Request (and also whether this includes statements) so will post here if I get a response...

I also just found this on the Santander site:

How do I order duplicate statements?

You can order duplicate statements† for a Bank Account either online, via our online banking service††, or by calling us on 08459 724 724. We’re open Monday to Saturday from 7am to 11pm.

Or you can write to us at: Santander; PO Box 1109; Bradford; BD1 5ZJ

†If the details you require include transactions that are more than 14 months old, or relate to anything above the last 200 transactions, then give us a call first. If the transaction details have been archived, we’ll need to order them separately, and there’s a charge of £10. You can choose to pay the fee by sending us a cheque or giving us permission to debit your Santander Bank Account.

††If you have a Santander Visa Debit, or Cash Card, you can register for our online banking service by either calling us on the above number, or visiting a branch with some identification.

Although they don't use the words Subject Access Request it looks like it refers to that so might come in handy if you need duplicate statements to proceed with your hardship claim.

Would be interested to know if you get a response to your claim from the address you used if you don't mind posting, thank you!

Thanks, I will of course post if I hear anything. I have not claimed or tried to in around 3 years after I got back 600 from HSBC. Gone are the days when it was easy to get the money that is rightfully ours. Im sure I have a long struggle ahead, its only £500 but it really helps.