Vodafone Breach of Contract?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4465 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I have had a contract with Vodafone for the last two or three years and me and my brother both are named in the contract but I use one number and he the other. He pays his bills for his number and I pay for mine.

I have just noticed my phone has been cut off and when I contacted Vodafone they informed me that I owe them £155 because my last 3 months bills have been unpaid. This was the first I have heard of it and wanted to know whats happened. I have paid the bills for the last 3 months but they said the money has gone on paying the other numbers bills. I said well thats not my fault they have made the mistake but they told me I had to get the money from the other account holder!

This is not the first time the have messed up our bills so I have had enough of Vodafone. Is this a breach of contract on their part? I currently cannot use my phone which is needed as part of my business and I am having o ring around trying to sort this out. Am I within my rights to cancel this contract because I am not happy with their level of service?

In a word, No. If you have 2 phones on the same account, the primary named person is liable for the bills. Non payment of the bills is still subject to both numbers getting disconnected.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Thanks for your reply but I think you are missing my point. I have paid the bills it is Vodafone who are saying that I haven't. I have got my bank statements which clearly show the money going out to Vodafone every month but they are saying I haven'y paid my bill for three months and have cut me off!

Hi,

Vodafone do try to help members on CAG, try this link..........

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/telecoms-mobile-fixed-internet/213340-vodafone-webteam-customers-problems.html

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

For us to provide and suggestions, i think you need to clarify the account situation a bit for us, so we don't get hold of the wrong end of the stick.

Is this one account or 2 separate accounts? (i.e. does only 1 bill get produced which contains the charges for both numbers? Or is it 2 separate bills each month?)

Who is the account holder for the account? (or for each account if there is more than one account) - even though you might have both names appearing as users on the account, essentially there'll be only one person who has sole liability for the account.

How did you pay the bill? (Direct debit, cash in a shop, card, cheque, etc?)

Is the other number barred as well?

Hi,

Me and my brother got the phones under his name about 3 years ago but then we went seperate and he gets his bill and I get mine. His bills for his number are sent in one invoice to him and mine for my number to me.

He pays his bill by direct debit, but since Vodafone in the past have taken more money from my account then they should of (more than £300!) I now ring up every month and pay with my debit card.

Only my number is barred my brothers is not.

Ahh, if they have tried to split the 1 account into 2 and have messed up, I'd expect the resident Vodafone rep to put this straight. As you have followed the info on the sticky, I think it'll be all sorted for you soon.

• Haha 1

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

I've pm'd LeeVodafone, hopefully get this sorted.

• Haha 1
Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi andyj5447,

It's great to see that Scott and locutus have been on hand to help you out during my absence - thanks guys.

I've just checked our email queue and can see yours in there.

Rest assured that I'll get back to you later today to get this sorted out.

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

• Haha 2

• 1 year later...

Well I thought I had written a thread regarding this but as its nearly two years ago I could't be sure.

Vodafone have disconnected my brothers account in December 2011 and say its because of money owed on my account. My account was cancelled years ago but Vodafone have decided to continue charging me line rental for my account! They are now claiming I owe them £900. I have asked them repeatedly since last year to send us copies of the bills and any information regarding this and we have recieved nothing. They have admitted over the phone there seems to be some sort of mix up but will not seperate the bills from me and my brother so today they have disconnected my brother again! We have had nothing in writing just disconnected and we have to ring up to find out whats going on. It is getting beyond a joke now as you can see its been nearly two years since all this started and they have still not even sent me a letter telling me why they think I owe them £900!

Surely they should of :

A) Split the accounts as requested years ago.

B) Cancelled my account like I asked in writing (still have a copy of this in my emails)

C) If they decide I own them money they should at least send me a letter rather than disconnecting my brother.

Hopefully Lee is still active and can help.