109,000% interest?!

disgruntledofcornwall
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5178 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK, here's a question...as no one is looking at A&L threads much these days, as the A&L od is "interestlink3.gif free" and I can't find a contractural rate of interest for exceeding the limit like other banks have, started me thinking about how to calculate the APR for court.

What the bank does is charge £5 per day you are OD. As the contract is reciprocal, I think I should be able to charge the same.

Thing is, tried to calculate the apr based on £5 per day on one £25 charge. Per month this gives an APR, based on 150 in charges of....

109,000%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

So...how do I express the contractural interest? At 150 per month based on the £5 a day, (for all charges or for each charge) or, er, at the (my calcs) 109,000% compound interest and per charge or just the unit cost per day on all charges, i.e., £5 per day since the first charge flat rate.

I have to admit, even I am staggered!!! But at £150 per month for a £25 charge, that is what the APR works out to. I think I need to lie down....

I am doing very well so far with A&L and want to try the reciprocal interest argument.

Still wondering on this, I think I will take the approach of £5 per day for the entire amount over the period they "borrowed" from me.

Then add an and/or section to the POC requesting the judges opinion of what he or she thinks is fair and reasonable with all the options.

I am surprised no one has any thoughts on this though, at least it makes me feel slightly better when no one else has a clue either :)