UK Debt living in Canada

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4891 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay I will watch out for that. I will no doubt be back with their response.

I would also just like to say a huge Thank you to you Cerberusalert I would have been a gibbering wreck if it wasn't for your advice and knowledge, thank you again from the bottom of my heart.

• 1 month later...

okay well now I am stuck as I cannot afford to send it recorded delivery. Would it be feasible to send another e-mail to the Canadian company asking them to actually provide the proof that the debt it mine?

Edited by Worriedincanada
re wording

• 4 weeks later...

Okay so I sent another e-mail to them highlighting the prove it bit. Heard nothing until today when I received the following letter.

You have thus far ignored all payment requests regarding your above outstanding account.

You are now advised that a legal claim will be issued against you within the next 7 days. You will be responsible for all costs associated with this action and interest is added daily to your account.

Should you wish to avoid Court Proceedings and further expense, you must contact us immediately to discuss payment arrangements.

No other notice or delay will be given, so we suggest you act accordingly.

What on earth do I do now? Has anything changed that would allow them to take me to court over here? They didn't respond to my last e-mail or provide the proof.

I am so worried please advise me what I should do now?

• 2 months later...