Alliance & Leicester Mortgage

gizmo111
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6405 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I took out a mortgage in 1988 and handed the keys back in June 1995 - there was a shortfall of approx £7k which I paid last year (F & F of 2200 to dca acting on behalf of insurance company). I know for mortgages you can go back 12 years and I am sure there must have been charges as I was always in arrears - is it worth trying on this one and if so does anyone know where I send by SAR to?

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Alliance & Leicester plc

Carlton Park

Narborough

Leicester LE19 0AL

Main tel: 0116 201 1000

Main fax: 0116 200 4040

Preliminary Letter sent to Woolwich 05/06

LBA sent 19/06

Court claim filed 04/07 : Total £824.75

Acknowledgement of Service 27/07

Defence received 08/08

AQ filed 11/08

Barclays AQ filed 05/09

Hearing date 20/12

SETTLED IN FULL £840.49: 14/12/06

• 3 months later...

Hi Gizmo!

Just wondering how you were getting on with A&L?

When I claimed against them, I seem to remember them saying that their records only went back to 1995.

Although I successfully claimed that far back, I wondered what response they'd given you.

regards,

Phil

Hi Gizmo!

Just wondering how you were getting on with A&L?

When I claimed against them, I seem to remember them saying that their records only went back to 1995.

Although I successfully claimed that far back, I wondered what response they'd given you.

regards,

After a long process of them saying they had nothing etc - I managed to find account no and they sent me a list of transactions that doesn't really make sense so I have written back for all info they have on me - It looks like it will be approx £2.5K

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Hi Gizmo!,

It looks like A&L are following the same track they tried with me.

Be wary of them trying to pass of arrears charges (which you can claim back) as legal charges (which you probably can't).

As a rough guide, their 'legitimate' solicitor's charges tend to be in excess of £300, so any legal fees less than, say, £150, are probably arrears penalties.

Check out my thread at http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mortgage-companies/3200-alliance-leicester-mortgage.html

Good luck

Phil