Court Order received :(

xxaria76
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5131 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I owed a creditor a considerable sum of money and they have recently taken me to court and won. I accept that I owe them the money.

Before the court hearing I sent both the court and the creditor a letter stating that due to my working requirements I would be unable to make the hearing.

I also offered to pay a monthly sum to the creditor - which was also sent to both the court and the creditor.

The creditor responded back saying that in order to consider my offer they wanted to see a list of my incomings and outgoings - and they didn't mind that they would get it after the hearing - which I have no problem with.

I'm still waiting for the creditor to send me a form in which to do this!

however, this morning I get a judgment letter (sent second class) from the court which is dated the 22nd Feb (hearing was on 1st Feb) stating that the full amount is to be paid by the 15th Feb!

This time has obviously long gone but the fact the court sent it second class and its been nearly two weeks since the payment day has elapsed makes me feel that they aren't really that interested in the full payment and are waiting for myself and my creditor to agree a payment amount.

(could be entirely wrong!)

Obviously, I can't pay the full amount in one go (its way over 12k) but I was happy to agree a payment plan and it appeared that my creditor was as well.

What do I do next? talk to the creditor - or contact the court stating that I can't pay the full amount? :(

HELP!

XXar

Help!!

Now I don't know what to do :(

I've not had a chance to reply back and request a redetermination as I've been working non stop since and I was going to do send it out on Monday as according to direct.gov I have 14 days from getting the order to do this.

However, in todays post I have recieved a form for an attachment of earnings order from the court - with an incomings/outgoings part to it.

Apparently this was issued because I hadn't paid the judgment as ordered...even though the payment due date was BEFORE I had received the actual judgement :(

This ironically was posted first class on 3rd March and took til today to get here :(

Can I still apply for a redetermination as its within my 14 days?

Theres also a £100 charge for this AoE form, I am not happy as I don't think they've given me enough time.

The thing is I would rather pay without an AoE :(

HELP ..seriously stressed now :( :( :(

Xxaria

xxaria...

welcome to cag, i cant help you with your particular situ but if you need help quickly hit your red triangle in the bottom left hand corner leave a message and site team will advise. Looks like you need help!

The creditor will more than likely have won just on the basis you didnt attend the hearing..you HAVE to respond to anything within the required time...work commitment/family anything has to take second seat if you want to keep these clowns at bay!

all the best with this

mj:)

CAG Depends Purely Upon Donations. Please help us to continue helping you, and give what you can - Thank you:grin:

Click to donate

Please click my scales, if you feel the need;)

If you are as you say, within the time limits then you could possibly still go for a redermination.

Not sure how you would do that however, will have a look round and see if anyone else has gone through one of these.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

The thread in the following link may have some advice for you. Similar situation.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/241308-redetermination-hearing-advice-pls.html

You would apply for redetermination on form N245 which can be downloaded from HERE - N245

HTH

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 months later...

Update...

I requested a redetermination and also filled in the AoE form with all my income and expenditure on it - this was this advice of the CAB as they too believed I should be able to request a redetermination but they didn't want me to run the risk of not returning the AoE form within the required time allotted for it.

I put on the AoE that I would like a suspended order as it could very likely affect my position at work.

Then it all went quiet...

I've now heard back from the court, they seem to have completely disregarded my redetermination request and also my request for a suspended AoE order and just hit me with an order for the same amount that I had agreed to pay per month right from the very beginning - even before it went to court.

Whats very frustrating for me is today I get a letter in the post from my company as they want to discuss my position at work with a formal hearing regarding the AoE order.

I don't see why the court wouldnt a) let me have a redetermination within the time frame and/or at least let me pay back what I said I would directly to the creditor.

It was the last thing I wanted was my employer to know :(

:(

Xxar

Ouch, I dont know what has gone wrong there. I have flagged your post up for site team attention. Perhaps someone will have some idea of what has happened. :(

BCOBS

I suggest that you contact the court asking what has happened about the redetermination?

I assume that there is something in your contract of employment regarding debt issues or CCJs? Obviously they know now so you'll have to deal with that issue now too.

It may be worth posting a thread about that in the Employment forum.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If there is nothing in your employment contract regarding AoE or CCJ, then your company should not even be discussing the matter with you. Your payroll administrator should apply the AoE in confidence.

Did you check with the court that they had received you AoE response form?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.