Log Book Loans - Can anyone help???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4505 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Nellie

Do you know the name of the so called Bailiffs she was dealing with you can PM me if you don't wish to post it, only because I had dealings with some so called company they use and I need to know if it's the same one.

As you know I have started action against LBL and am at the court action stage, I wasn't sure what to do about claiming the Bailiff fees as I thought £300 for calling to my house was a little steep!!!!!! I have decided to add those fees to my claim and see what happens. My claim isn't for a large amount because obviously I agreed the ridiculous interest fees when I agreed the loan I'm only able to claim charges for letters etc...........

Court claim being submitted on Wednesday as they haven't replied to one of my letters, let's see what happens then.

Hope you and your baby are doing well and you are feeling better after advice, information and support given on this site. I know how you felt when you joined I am only sorry this site wasn't around last year when the sh**** put me through absolute hell. Don't these things happen when you least feel able to cope, but then we wouldn't be using LBL's or their evil brothers if life was okay?

Hope all goes well and am posting updates on my thread.

Boo

;) Boobaby

Please hit the scales if you think I've helped!

Please note that advice given is purely my opinion and should be treated as such.

FAQ’s

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

HSBC Claim - August 2006 £2,700 paid November 2006

Halifax Claim - August 2006 £4,100 paid December 2006

GE Capital - August 2006 - settled

Log Book Loans - August 2007 - sorted

Ok thats fair enough but here's the probable answer,the police will probably take the easy option out as no one apparently got hurt (Sustained injuries either way) disregarding feelings of course.

Depending on the value & age of the vehicle and whether they owned the vehicle outright i suspect the answer will be, it is the responsibility of the purchaser to avail themselves of any information held on the potential purchase namely a vehicle.

Various methods are now available to the general public to check a vehicles history & any surety and/or lien upon the vehicle, they also offer insurance on there information supplied against such inaccuracies, and most if not all cover all eventualities including private purchases.

In plain english "Was an HPI or equivalent search report taken out on the vehicle" obviously not in this case or? bought from a dealer or on finance then thats where the responsibility lies, but there are time constraints of course.

Footnote: I had this type of thing happen to me, when someone impersonating a bailiff (Under contract with LBL Ltd) threw a letter at 6am over my garden fence and very quickly made off in vehicle, didn't find it funny when 20 mins later i pulled up at his next job and removed his keys from his vehicle, i then went out for the day he didn't find it very funny but the police did later on that evening!.

CaLL Me On INTeRNeT CaLLS @ "NoBBY_ONLiNE":D

NB: Any advice given ?(if any) is given freely and without constraints,it and any information is based upon personal knowledge and personal experiences and/or views it should therefore only be regarded as advice and not a statement of the law, for that you should seek professional legal advice!.

Sorry I meant other firms who conduct themselves in the same manner!!

;) Boobaby

Please note that advice given is purely my opinion and should be treated as such.

FAQ’s

I am sorry to hijack this thread... but..

I need clarification.

I have also dealt with these loan sharks. I borrowed 1500 over 12 months. Never missed a payment. If I do a HPI check on my car it comes up as having outstanding finance on car. Are you saying that this is unlawful?

If so, can I get this removed from the HPI certificate?

Many thanks.

BIRMINGHAM MIDSHIRES

1/09/06 SETTLED IN FULL

HALIFAX

7/09/06 SETTLED IN FULL

CAPITAL ONE

5/10/06 SETTLED IN FULL

NatWest

7/09/06 SETTLED IN FULL

ULSTER BANK

8/8/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

28/09/06 Prelim sent

18/09/07 Claim filed at court

Just checking your signature, you've done very well!!! and it seems had responses & settlements on nearlly all good, on you, anyway I digress!

You need to contact LBL and find out what the position is.. I know this sounds like a stupid question but you haven't any other source that financed this car as (and call me stupid) I wasn't aware that they listed the vehicles as being under finance and therefore would show when carrying out HPI etc..??

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s

Will these guys stop at nothing? I have to be honest I thought I had a bad time with them last year but my problems seem to pale in comparison to others on here?

Nellie - What I can't understand is - why did your friends' husband let the bailiff take the car after all the Police told her husband that balliff needed a warrant otherwise he couldn't take it? When did they find out that LBL were involved and have they had the warrent yet? Finally did they buy privately and was an HPI check carried out.

Boo

PS Soooo wapping their a**** into court on Wednesday as no response let them turn round and say no correspondence from me!!!!!

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s

Thank you for the reply.

I paid cash for this car, so no outstanding finance. LBL have registered their interest in my car with HPI.

I believe that if it isnt HP, then they cant put it on HPI.

I have never had any bad dealings with these people, but their interest in ridiculous and I dont want my car showing as having outstanding finance if it doesnt!!

Cheers.

BIRMINGHAM MIDSHIRES

1/09/06 SETTLED IN FULL

HALIFAX

7/09/06 SETTLED IN FULL

CAPITAL ONE

5/10/06 SETTLED IN FULL

NatWest

7/09/06 SETTLED IN FULL

ULSTER BANK

28/09/06 Prelim sent

Thank you for the reply.

I paid cash for this car, so no outstanding finance. LBL have registered their interest in my car with HPI.

I believe that if it isnt HP, then they cant put it on HPI.

I have never had any bad dealings with these people, but their interest in ridiculous and I dont want my car showing as having outstanding finance if it doesnt!!

Cheers.

That to be honest was my feeling (regarding HPI) that's why I asked about any other finance etc...

You need to contact LBL to find out what the current position is either through their web site lbl@loanlineuk.com or 08707 - 440370 To be honest Isabelle who does most of the admin etc.. is vry nice and very helpful (I know why the h*** is she working for them?). Good luck

Boo

PS Can I suggest you open your own thread regarding LBL and problems if you need any further info there are loads of people willing to help.

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s

PS Can I suggest you open your own thread regarding LBL and problems if you need any further info there are loads of people willing to help.

:lol:

BIRMINGHAM MIDSHIRES

1/09/06 SETTLED IN FULL

HALIFAX

7/09/06 SETTLED IN FULL

CAPITAL ONE

5/10/06 SETTLED IN FULL

NatWest

7/09/06 SETTLED IN FULL

ULSTER BANK

28/09/06 Prelim sent

Attnention all:

I will attempt to post an image of a document later either on this forum or elsewhere,that proves LBL Ltd register there interest on/or at HPI etc and as they do with all loans with a vehicle as security.:D

It of course will be edited for obvious reasons but i'll do my best to leave in what i can.:eek:

NB: It will be for reference purposes only and no other purpose as it is still under "NDA", if copys are made(If possible) and used for any other purpose then you will require express permission from myself beforehand.

Any problems please from moderators etc with the above please post any objections beforehand.:D

NB: Any advice given ?(if any) is given freely and without constraints,it and any information is based upon personal knowledge and personal experiences and/or views it should therefore only be regarded as advice and not a statement of the law, for that you should seek professional legal advice!.

I spoke to a head man today at LBL.

It is a fact that anyone with an LBL loan with have it recorded on your cars HPI history. This is because "we now own your car".

Aparantely, the paperwork we all signed included a bill of sale, which actually means that until you have paid up, these people own your car! Bit scary. I am going to seek legal advice on this next week.

BIRMINGHAM MIDSHIRES

1/09/06 SETTLED IN FULL

HALIFAX

7/09/06 SETTLED IN FULL

CAPITAL ONE

5/10/06 SETTLED IN FULL

NatWest

7/09/06 SETTLED IN FULL

ULSTER BANK

28/09/06 Prelim sent

I last dealt with them a few months ago and have since sold the vehicle. It didn't show up on HPI at the garage, so I figure they remove the marker when the loan is complete?

I was aware they would regsiter it with HPI because the chap said it had to be done to stop fraud...doing the loan then selling the car and disappearing, and apparently Welcome etc do it to? Is it their way of saying "we have an interest in the car" incase it;s traded in?

I last dealt with them a few months ago and have since sold the vehicle. It didn't show up on HPI at the garage, so I figure they remove the marker when the loan is complete?

I was aware they would regsiter it with HPI because the chap said it had to be done to stop fraud...doing the loan then selling the car and disappearing, and apparently Welcome etc do it to? Is it their way of saying "we have an interest in the car" incase it;s traded in?

This is spot on.

BIRMINGHAM MIDSHIRES

1/09/06 SETTLED IN FULL

HALIFAX

7/09/06 SETTLED IN FULL

CAPITAL ONE

5/10/06 SETTLED IN FULL

NatWest

7/09/06 SETTLED IN FULL

ULSTER BANK

28/09/06 Prelim sent

I spoke to a head man today at LBL.

It is a fact that anyone with an LBL loan with have it recorded on your cars HPI history. This is because "we now own your car".

Aparantely, the paperwork we all signed included a bill of sale, which actually means that until you have paid up, these people own your car! Bit scary. I am going to seek legal advice on this next week.

Bo***cks and you can you that in a court of law no problemo?,now listen up peeps for umpteenth time, a bill of sale and/or lien on the vehicle (the one's you didn't know you were signing) is not a legal document unless it is sanctioned in a high court there's aren't and if they intend to enforce the the bill of sale/Lien on a vehicle it would have to be presented as such and/or duly sanctioned by a high court as such.

If you spoke to the head honcho which i suspect you didn't, tell him to get his facts right before putting gob in gear! having an interest in the vehicle is different from owning it right.:eek:

The twats are watching this forum so the massage is, Put up or shut either way you loose again.:D

Ahhhhhhhhh thats better now.

Bo***cks and you can you that in a court of law no problemo?,now listen up peeps for umpteenth time, a bill of sale and/or lien on the vehicle (the one's you didn't know you were signing) is not a legal document unless it is sanctioned in a high court there's aren't and if they intend to enforce the the bill of sale/Lien on a vehicle it would have to be presented as such and/or duly sanctioned by a high court as such.

If you spoke to the head honcho which i suspect you didn't, tell him to get his facts right before putting gob in gear! having an interest in the vehicle is different from owning it right.:eek:

The twats are watching this forum so the massage is, Put up or shut either way you loose again.:D

Ahhhhhhhhh thats better now.

So what are you really saying here?

Dont pay them and dont worry they cant take your car?

And feel free to call the guy I got through to and let us know how you got on. His name was Paul and his number is 0208 877 4301

BIRMINGHAM MIDSHIRES

1/09/06 SETTLED IN FULL

HALIFAX

7/09/06 SETTLED IN FULL

CAPITAL ONE

5/10/06 SETTLED IN FULL

NatWest

7/09/06 SETTLED IN FULL

ULSTER BANK

28/09/06 Prelim sent

@andrewheaney:

Nope not saying that at all and you've taken it the wrong way? read it again it's directed at this so called Paul who isn't the head honcho trust me he just another boss of a franchise, I've even named the guy who owns the company in earlier threads and disclosed his e-mails to all companies even named his solicitors and more!.:o

It was me who started this fiasco with LBL Ltd, it started a bit slow at first but it seems to be going quite nicely now!.:lol:

So what are you really saying here?

Dont pay them and dont worry they cant take your car?

And feel free to call the guy I got through to and let us know how you got on. His name was Paul and his number is 0208 877 4301

Hi andrewheaney

I wouldn't take any advice whatsoever, from them, about their own agreements etc, they will tell you anything, and the 'higher' you go the worse it gets. Asking them about it, in my opinion, is like phoning somebody who robbed your house and asking him why he did it - gets you nowhere!!!!!!!. Even the police will take their advice onboard as these idiots 'pose' as proper companies when they are no better than said theif.

Message for any LBL snoopers watching this site, and we know you are ;) I have took legal advice and I am well on my way to my day in court with you. I have had reply from ITV who are interested in featuring them in a TV programme and various national papers want to write a story on you. I won't stop untill you are 'named and shamed' UK wide. I would rather lend people money myself than see anyone go through what you have put people through. BRING IT ON - THE LEGAL INFO I HAVE NOW WILL BRING YOU DOWN :p Funny thing is, I have nothing to lose, don't think you can say the same :D

By the way andrewheany - can you pleeaseeee start your own thread - this is mine!! And I don't want people defending LBL on it :Cry:

If you think I have helped hop on the scales. If I was useless best to keep quiet me thinks:D

Balliff has faxed the police a document stamped by the high court London, its not a court order unsure what it is - police sending her a copy.

I suspect this is either a fake or some other document, maybe when they register interest in the car. Why the hell would they go to high court, i smell a rat!!!

will keep you posted

If you think I have helped hop on the scales. If I was useless best to keep quiet me thinks:D

By the way andrewheany - can you pleeaseeee start your own thread - this is mine!! And I don't want people defending LBL on it :Cry:

I have no intentions of defending anyone. You , or them.

I have already stated that I will be seeking legal advice.

Calm down dear!

BIRMINGHAM MIDSHIRES

1/09/06 SETTLED IN FULL

HALIFAX

7/09/06 SETTLED IN FULL

CAPITAL ONE

5/10/06 SETTLED IN FULL

NatWest

7/09/06 SETTLED IN FULL

ULSTER BANK

28/09/06 Prelim sent

@nellie75:

Get that document checked out ok as to it's authenticity? as a bill of sale/lien,proves one thing though they have been reading/watching this forum and we are aware who you are!.:D

Looks like there doing a en mass application in the high court to enforce there rights over the numerous bill's of sale/lien's? message to LBL Ltd yer too late Armageddon is upon you!.:D

I have no intentions of defending anyone. You , or them.

I have already stated that I will be seeking legal advice.

Calm down dear!

I am calm as they come dear believe me;)

They do not own the vehicle. They do not have a legal lien, They should not be registering the vehicle with HPI & HPI should not be letting them without sight of a document signed by the customer & witnessed.

Like the CRA's HPI think of themselves as some quasi legal body. They ain't & the sooner they realise it the better for us all. It will happen when someone soon takes the buggers to task over their unlawful actions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4505 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks