two letters from Trevor Munn on Saturday. They are for my Egg Visa and Egg Mastercard.

Honeypot
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5196 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I received these two letters from Trevor Munn on Saturday. They are for my Egg Visa and Egg Mastercard.

CCA's have been checked and are enforceable.

I put the accounts in to dispute because of loads of unlawful penalty charges added to each account.

ARC/Trevor Munn wrote back saying that Egg has said tough-the accounts are not in dispute so pay up.

Please is there anything I can do/letter to send to reclaim these charges?

Thanks

Vicky

xxxx

This is a busy site and it has been so busy this morning that the server stopped working for a while. Someone will get to your problem eventually and it helps to be patient.

Are you absolutely sure the agreements are enforceable because Egg agreements prior to May 2005 are not noted for being enforceable? Do you have them posted somewhere so we can take a look at them?

The accounts are already in dispute over charges so you should write to Egg and ask for these charges to be refunded. In the meantime you can tell Arc the accounts are in dispute and you will not be making any offer of payment until the dispute over charges is resolved with Egg. If you get nowhere with charges at Egg, you can go to the FOS but they take months to reply and in my view are pretty useless. After that it is a question of offering small monthly payments or hammering it out in court.

Hi Pinky69

Sorry for being impatient. I am on downward spiral again and got panicky. I cant even look my children in their eyes these days.

Anyways thanks for replying. My agreement is Aug 2005 and is electronic 'tick' signature so its enforceable.

I have written to Egg and ARC/Trevor Munn and put the account in dispute over the charges.

Trevor Munn (not Egg) have written back saying the account isnt in dispute and Egg want their money.

Are these charges really unlawful? Can you reclaim them?

Vicky

xxxx

Please jump off the downward spiral as soon as you can, it is destroying and can only be bad for you and your family.

I know this is easier said than done, but, at the end of the day your children and family come first.

Try and get yourself in the frame of mind that YOU are in control of your family finances, and not these bully boys.

As has been suggested, please let us help you confirm that the Agreements are ok, lots of holes can be picked by the experienced members on here, and it only needs one error to make them unenforceable.

You are amongst friends and like minded people on here who have to a greater or lesser degree suffered as you are at present. With each others' help we are all coming out the other side and are, as I am, able to offer you some hope and inspiration.

As it says below: Each journey begins with but a single step.

Good luck we will be with you all the way.

• Haha 1

Hello/

I SEE YOU HAVE TWO LETTERS ARE THEY FOR TWO ACCOUNTS OR ARE THEY THE SAME

i NEED TO KNOW WHAT ARE THEY

CREDIT CARDS, LOANS, ANY INSURANCE AND HOW OLD ARE THEY.

Did you get a default notice letter of termination

Id quot circumiret, circumveniat.

please do not take my word for anything please do your own research All that i make comments on are done in good faith and to the best of my knowledge

Hi All

I received these two letters from Trevor Munn on Saturday. They are for my Egg Visa and Egg Mastercard.

CCA's have been checked and are enforceable.who check them

I put the accounts in to dispute because of loads of unlawful penalty charges added to each account.

ARC/Trevor Munn wrote back saying that Egg has said tough-the accounts are not in dispute so pay up.

Well they would

Please is there anything I can do/letter to send to reclaim these charges?

Thanks

Vicky

xxxx

lilly

please do not take my word for anything please do your own research All that i make comments on are done in good faith and to the best of my knowledge

Hello/

I SEE YOU HAVE TWO LETTERS ARE THEY FOR TWO ACCOUNTS OR ARE THEY THE SAME

i NEED TO KNOW WHAT ARE THEY

CREDIT CARDS, LOANS, ANY INSURANCE AND HOW OLD ARE THEY.

Did you get a default notice letter of termination

Hi Lilly

Yes they are two different credit cards. They are the digital signature agreements so there is no agreement just screenshots of my computer at the time of applying.

Both are defaulted and terminated. Theres loads of charges so Ive been advised they could by dodgy.

I put the account in dispute over these charges but Egg said they are not unlawful because they are in the terms and conditions that I agreed to when I took out the cards.

Is it legal for me to put my account back in to dispute over them despite there answer?

Vicky

xxxx

ok yes you can reclaim these charges however what terms and conditions

Do you have a copy also when where the cards taken out what year.

What level of charges do you have.

Have you inform Egg that you want the charges back

one was aug 2005 just when they started using digital signatures. The other was feb 2007 so im not holding much look on that one.

£190 charges on one £120 on the other.

the accounts are with trevor munn/arc. I wrote to them and sent a copy to egg saying i want charges refunded and put account in dispute.

Trevor munn wrote back saying egg disagreed and if i dont pay im in court

I have another DCA saying I cant keep my dog becasue its taking too much of my outgoings and is not essential. see my other thread.

thney wont take anything when im dead

I have posted on your other thread. My suggestion would be to start a fresh thread for each of your accounts and that way we can assist you each step of the way on each one. This helps to seperate them in your mind. Believe me it is much easier that way.

As previously said, do not despair, as you say they can't get money if you are dead, but, equally neither can they if you are alive and kicking!! It is YOUR income and they can threaten all they want, it is YOU who decides what or who to pay, if any.

We will be with you every step of the way.

Hi Everyone

Is this letter OK to send to Trevor Munn/ARC bearing in mind they have written back saying that the account isnt in dispute and penalty charges are legal?

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

Dear Sir or Madam

ARC Europe/ Trevor Munn Ref: xxxxxx

Egg Account number: xxxxxx

Thank you for your recent correspondence, the contents which have been noted

This account is in dispute with Egg Banking and has been since xxxx in relation to unlawful penalty charges. It concerns me that you say you have no record of this.

Enclosed for ease of reference is a copy of the original letter received from Direct Legal & Collections acknowledging the above account in dispute due to unlawful penalty charges.

You will no doubt be aware that charges levied against Credit Card accounts were not subject to the recent Court action that was brought by the Office of Fair trading and in their conclusion following their investigation in 2006 the OFT deemed that only a Court could determine if £12.00 was a fair and proportionate fee so my contention is that the £12.00 fees remain questionable until Egg banking can prove otherwise.

I trust this clarifies the matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Yours Faithfully

Thanks

Vicky

xxxx