Timmy Tuppence V Hsbc **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6099 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still waiting! filed AQ on the 10th April - deadline was the 13th, so Son getting fed up now, they are constantly sending letters pointing out that he is OD and needs to pay back in installments - to be fair the leters are not that intimidating, just reminders and offers of help, along with the new charges!!!:o

When do the HSBC usually pay up?

If I have been of any help to you please be kind enough to click on my scales! Thank you

:D Halifax Bank...December 2006 ..... WON! 1 week after N1 filed.

:eek: Lloyds TSB....... April 2007 Lloyds TSB.....WON, 1 day before prelim. court date, still went before judge.

:p Nationwide.........April 2007 Nationwide.......WON, 3 weeks after N1 filed.

:rolleyes: Nat West....June 2007 (on behalf of friend) Settled after LBA and before filing.

:smile:HSBC - full settlement ...on behalf of my son...

ok, it's time to do a couple of things - were i you - i'd ring the court to see if dg has filed their defence - then write them a nudging letter - see post 1 of the link i gave you above:When you have filed your AQ................ (multipage.gif1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page) for ideas. it is your objective now to get dg to make an offer - send a nudge letter and a breakdown every 10 days until they offer.

there may be some more advice on this thread:

New---after 28 Days - Maybe No Aq!!!!!!! (multipage.gif1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)

i'd say good luck - but to a certain extent - you make your own luck!

well I have sent them a breakdown of the charges and interest etc, and they have not acknowleged and now this morning we have received a court date (set for late July) so this is interesting! - what a waste of time and money, meanwhile my son is still accumulating the charges as he is unable to pay back their loan ( that is what they turned his overdraft made up of charges into) so it really is becoming quite a mess now!

I am getting a bit fed up, so again I shall send a new update of his charges and the new interest todate. - I wish I could charge the bank for all the time that i am spending on this matter!!:mad:

If I have been of any help to you please be kind enough to click on my scales! Thank you

:eek: Lloyds TSB....... April 2007 Lloyds TSB.....WON, 1 day before prelim. court date, still went before judge.

:rolleyes: Nat West....June 2007 (on behalf of friend) Settled after LBA and before filing.

it's coming to that - check out dsilverstein near the end of this threadNew---after 28 Days - Maybe No Aq!!!!!!!(1

also, take a look at this:BBC NEWS | Business | Judge attacks 'time-wasting'

keep nudging dg into making an offer - post 1 of both my aq threads have hints.

also, is son's a managed loan with hsbc - there is lots of action there - peeps trying to get back the interest on the ml depending on how much of the original loan was made up of these charges. read this:

Husband v HSBC - Paid :-) (multipage.gif1 2) and get in touch with tigs33 if you like - she is very helpful.

Hi Lateralus

thanks for that - Have asked my son and he thinks this is a managed loan

He told me that they insisted that he took it out to try and pay off the overdraft - this is coincidently near enough the same amount as he is claiming in bank charges! they also asked him to take out payment protection insurance that is near enough £120 per year, ( on a loan of a few hundred) and when he was made redundant they failed to honour the PPI as he was not out of work long enough! - about a month - as if he could afford to sit back and wait for the HSBC to pay the interest on his loan for him! - so now I know the full story it skinks even worse than I originally thought - they really know how to financially cripple folk.

Darling1

well, now you have to decide whether to go after them for the interest on the managed loans - - you'll have read tigs33 - and she is very helpful if you want to give it a go. there's lots of info - just not too much success as yet - think everyone is waiting for someone else to get theirs back and after a couple do - we will see another avalanche of claims.

here's one more link - read from post 99 for about ten posts on this one:

Bong v HSBC *Contractual Interest & 13yr claim**WON!!!**

bong helped me understand what would be involved here.

good luck - let me know if you are going to take the plunge.

• 3 weeks later...

Today TT received quite a rude letetr from HSBC saying...[i quote]

Thank you for your letter dated 8th March 2007 (have also sent them a letter dated 09/05/2007 faxed to DG and copy sent by post to HSBC and DG)

I can confirm that the Bank's position has been clearly stated in our letter dated 13 February 2007.

This letter constitutes our final responce with regar to this matter but should you remain dissatified, you have the option to refer to the financial ombudsman Service as detailed in the leaflet provided.

Yours sincerely

Susan Loker

Customer Service Manager

on a seperate page it said

We hope that you will be entirely happy with the attached responce and that as a consequence your complaint can now be considered resolved.

Should this not be the case and you remain dissatified, the bank is obliged to advise you of your right to refer your complaint to the financial ombudsman etc etcetc

Clearly we hope you will not find this course of action necessary.

(they are right I will not find this course of action necessary - I shall take them to court as promised!)

Bloody cheek - I have faxed them twice since then - they must be very far behind on the cases!! 2 & 1/2 months behind! So I shall yet again tot up the interest and send them another letter telling them of our intent to carry on to court on 27th July at 10.00

send dg another nudge!

and i'd get that ppi cancelled straight away - talk about money for nothing! my son cancelled his and they said ok and put the money he'd paid for this year towards the loan.

How did you get the PPI cancelled? and returned - can I have a draft of the letter?

I remember now my son commenting at how unfair it was - so I shall nudge DG again, and wait to be ignored, every time I fax/post to them I update the interest, but it does seem pretty pointless at times...

son just went into the bank and asked - mind you that was a few months back now - before he got the charges returned on the current account - just made them see he was very unhappy with it and they said ok, we will cancel it and make the balance from today (paid for a year) and paid the rest onto the loan. seemed simple at the time - he may have been lucky.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Not happy - I have contacted HSBC and solicitors every 2 weeks, they just ignore me! really p***ed off. My sons court date is te morning before my daughters wedding, loads of folks staying over all the flowers etc to do and me sitting on my hands at court! AGRRRRRRRRRRRRR, you know they refuse to even compromise, it is terrible what these banks do to their customers

Hiya darling, have you sent the court and DG everything included in your court notification?

DG will wait untill the last minute but they will make you an offer and you will be with the flowers and guests not in a courtroom.

pete

Notice of Allocation to the Small

Claims Track (Hearing)

To the Claimant

XXXXX

Salisbury

DISTRICT JUDGE XXXXXX has considered the statements of the case and allocation questionnaires filed and allocated the claim to the small claim track.

The hearing of the claim will take place on the 27th July 2007 at Sallisbury County Court etc etc and should take no longer than 1 hour.

The court should be informed immediately is the case is settled by agreement before the hearing date.

Each party shall deliver to every other party and to the court office copies of all documents (including any experts' report) on which he intends to rely at the hearing no later than 13th July 2007.

The original documents shall be brought to the hearing.

Date 30th April 2007

...................................................................................................

I supose this means that I had better get the bundle together and delivered to the court asap! well -at least before the 13th -----9 days!

HELP!!!

I have not actually had to do a bundle before as I have been lucky enough to win before this stage!

I take it that I have to copy all the statements 3 times and put them to the court and HSBC along with the stuff in the court bundle thread???

and if you get it done in plenty of time - post dg's earlier by 3-4 days than the courts copy (both recorded delivery) as dg tends to send an offer 1 week after they get the bundle. soon as you get it ready - send it.

as freaky says - that's why i wrote that thread - it's pretty much a step by step - court bundles for dummies

sing if you need help.

AGHHHHHHHHHH that is a lot of paperwork! I'm worn out just thinking about it!!

Now you are doing exactly what I did. You are trying to understand it! My advice is don't bother at the moment. Just do as directed in lats thread very very slowly and 1 thing at a time. Once you get to the end you will find that you understand the bits that matter!

Just shout if you get stuck.

THanks for that

My son has jsut rung the court and HSBC have not filed an AQ and have not been in contact with the court - so we have been told to go ahead with the bundle as directed by the judge and just to carry on as instructed - so off I go and print off a tree and send it pointlessly to the court - also the court wont allow me to go direct - or to allow my son to nominate me as a rep - unless I am his solicitor!

So everything takes a lot longer when a youth is dealing with things!!

I shall jsut try and plod through the directions from lateralus - this needds to be in the court by friay - so better get on with it - I am working all the hours at the moment and have never been as busy because of our daughters wedding in 2 weeks - but hey ho!!

Thanks lateralus - I shall drop it off to the court - that is allowed!

Just wondering if Is it normal for the bank not to file an AQ?

Plwase can anyone tell me how to bind the court bundle - how should it be presented tothe court