• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Sheriff puts Bank of Scotland to proof on bank charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4141 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi George,

Do you mindmif I ask if you are disputing an existing bank charge that you haven't gone to court about?

I think you can use Reg 5 and section 140, but I'm still looking for confirmation.

T

Hi Dysexlic, Yes its current bank charges that I never actually got to the court stage with. Bank refused refund until the test case was over and now I receive a letter demanding payment or further action and close my account.

The amount is small that owes but all from 2 failed dd charges.

George

If only 2 DD charge sthen I would threaten to go to FOS - do so if they don't play ball as it will cost them more than the cost of your refund.

In any case this will buy you time until the Sheriff Court case is heard as they can't pursue while FOS is looking at it.

BD

oh she knew she mispelled it. Misspelled? Mispelled? I really shouldn't get involved in posting messages. You would think that someone would have come up with a suitably easy word to spell for the likes of me.

:-)

oh she knew she mispelled it. Misspelled? Mispelled? I really shouldn't get involved in posting messages. You would think that someone would have come up with a suitably easy word to spell for the likes of me.

HA! HA! Love the Banter!!! Run your Cursor over the word misspelled above??? Are they misspelling misspelt to prove a Point???:?

Cheers, MARK

Dyssie (not trying for anything longer any more - too confused now!):confused:

THAT was the point I tried to make in Post 201! It's SOOOO wrong that they label this affliction with a word that is so impossible to spell :confused: - there should be a law against it - it should be dislecksick - as it sounds - just like DCA should be spelled FLESHCRAWLING - like they sound! ;)

Mark - no - they were just mispelled or mispelt. (Isn't that when you fail to pelt someone?)

BD

Edited by Bigdebtor
trying to sort out spelling - gave up!

Just call me Dyzzie,

All I found was ebay bargains!? Maybe they should change to 'cantspellwords'?

Can anyone tell me how to upload a document. I have found wording for new POC in relation to Section 14 CCA

Dysexlic

Edited by Dysexlic

Welcome to the CAG, Dysexlic, as you're fairly new. I'm not all that far from you, living in Croydon (Surrey). and thank you for the recent POC document you've posted.

Despite the title of this thread "Sheriff puts Bank of Scotland to proof...", can I take it that this is a general thread on bank charges in the UK?

It is a little difficult for me to make my claim against the Abbey sound "personal" as it was a while ago since the bank charges, perhaps I should ask for statements over the last 6 years or so? More importantly I think I should ask them NOT to close my case, as I claimed at least 3 years ago and would lose the majority of the charges-claimed-for if I made a fresh claim just from now...

Welcome to the CAG, Dysexlic, as you're fairly new. I'm not all that far from you, living in Croydon (Surrey). and thank you for the recent POC document you've posted.

Despite the title of this thread "Sheriff puts Bank of Scotland to proof...", can I take it that this is a general thread on bank charges in the UK?

It is a little difficult for me to make my claim against the Abbey sound "personal" as it was a while ago since the bank charges, perhaps I should ask for statements over the last 6 years or so? More importantly I think I should ask them NOT to close my case, as I claimed at least 3 years ago and would lose the majority of the charges-claimed-for if I made a fresh claim just from now...

Kennyh, in reply to your query "so if I've had an account for 20 years (luddite that I is) I would only need the latest?", I think it is only the last 6 years you can claim for so ask for evidence during that time.

Edited by citizenB
duplicated posts

PCB,

I'm OK with the statute of limitation; read up on it you might well find it to your benefit.

You would also benefit from opening a thread in Abbey forum since there's a LOT of folk with good experience on just how far back Abbey hold records.

Ken

Ok, I think I've uploaded the document.

If I have can anyone tell me what they think and whether I should go ahead with this new POC

Thanks

Dysexlic

Hi All, has anyone had a look at this?

Can it be used for other types of standard, unevidenced charges levied by non-current account lenders? e.g. mortgages, car finance, secured loans etc?

The matrix is intrinsically flawed. Within it is the program for it's own destruction. If you are reading this, you are in the matrix and it's days are numbered...so watch out! :eek:

Hi,

PCB, I think it's 6 years only and I would imagine that you lose out if you started another claim. Am I correct in thinking that you have an ongoing case which you started 3 years ago?

Not sure I can answer the Q re mortgages and car finance etc

Dysexlic

Hi,

PCB, I think it's 6 years only and I would imagine that you lose out if you started another claim. Am I correct in thinking that you have an ongoing case which you started 3 years ago?

Not sure I can answer the Q re mortgages and car finance etc

Dysexlic

PCB

I don't believe the 6 year clock has actually started to tick yet - since we STILL don't have a final legal ruling on unfair bank charges - and I believe we shall be able to reclaim back to the year dot once we do have a win in court. Remember they MUST give ALL info held in response to an SAR - i.e. going back even beyond 6 years if held in a relevant filing system.

Incidentally as far as credit card default charges are concerned I believe we have until April 2012 to reclaim ALL default charges - since the OFT only ruled in April 2006 and that is the date from which we knew we were being robbed all along. I am fighting Cr*p One on this very point at present - possibly going to County Court if they don't pay up in next 2-3 weeks.

Attached is a relevant excerpt re 6 year limit (courtesy Shadow):

I note your comments regarding the Limitation Act 1980 and I would draw your attention to section 32 of the Act as outlined below:

(1) .... where in the case of any action for which a period of limitation is prescribed by this Act, either-

(a) the action is based upon the fraud of the defendant; or

(b) any fact relevant to the plaintiff's right of action has been deliberately concealed from him by the defendant; or

© the action is for relief from the consequences of a mistake;

the period of limitation shall not begin to run until the plaintiff has discovered the fraud, concealment or mistake (as the case may be) or could with reasonable diligence have discovered it. ....

(2) For the purposes of subsection (1) above, deliberate commission of a breach of duty in circumstances in which it is unlikely to be discovered for some time amounts to deliberate concealment of the facts involved in that breach of duty.

In the case of Kleinwort Benson -v- Lincoln City Council & Others in the House of Lords on 29 October 1998 their Lordships ruled:

· If a party pays another on the basis of settled law and that law is subsequently overturned, the paying party may seek recovery of the sums paid over even though this may be many years after the event.

· The party seeking repayment now has six years from the date of any new decision affecting it in which to bring an action for recovery of monies paid out under the old, overruled law.

The Court also held that if a payment is made under a mistaken understanding of the law, then the person who has made such payment has six years to recover sums paid as a result of this mistaken understanding dating from the date when such mistake should have become evident. It is my assertion that I could not, with reasonable diligence, have discovered this issue before April 2006, this being the date of publication of the Office of Fair Trading referred to by you, and so the 6 year period of limitation should not have started to run until that time. I therefore resubmit my claim for the refund of all default charges and accrued contractual interest arising from September 2000.

Hi

on the faq you suggest a 7 day period before court action, what help is there available for amending a court case on stay with the new UTTR 5 or the 1975 credit agrrement act?

Please advise

I believe the general consensus at the moment is to ask for more time or leave it on stay (if you can) pending the result of the scottish case.