How To Escape From Virgin Media?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5190 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Before anyone asks "Why were you stupid enough to sign up with these cretins in the first place?", the answer is simple. I had no choice if I was to stay in business. British Telecon had engaged in some rather sharp practices (which I won't go into here), and the line was cut out of spite. After the case went to Otelo, I got compensation.

Now, I am in the usual situation for a Virgin Bleedia victim. The telephone line is not working, and has not been for weeks. This is not a serious problem as I hardly ever use the thing but that is not the point. The point is that they should come and deal with the fault and put it right.

The broadband, miraculously, is still working. However, that is not enough to justify keeping this wretched "service". How long will it be working for, and what happens when the whole lot packs up?

The good news is that I have been with these goons for over twelve months, so I am out of minimum contract hell. The only sane course of action is to get out and go elsewhere, so the question is, how to go about it?

Firstly, does anyone have any email or snail mail addresses for any managers, customer complaints departments, or anyone within Virgin Bleedia who might just have an IQ creeping into double figures? Anyone who might actually be able to wake an engineer up and get them to do something? If it could be done I would sooner leave changing suppliers for a few months as there is no financial incentive to change, and my future living arrangements are still very uncertain.

Failing this, what is the correct procedure for leaving Virgin Bleedia in a way which is least likely to cause further trouble in the future? I have, of course, read countless horror stories about this cowboy outfit and how they operate.

Any input is welcome.

SH

Morning SH,

If you can get access to a cable phone call 150 or 151. If that is no good, you can call 0845 454 1111 and speak to customer services BUT record the call if you can as they are bloody useless at recording details on the computer.

You will probably be re-directed to customer retentions who will offer the earth to get you to stay with them.

Beware, if they do offer you a deal and you decide to stay, make sure you read everything they send you closely and don't forget, if they do change your package, it will be another 12 month contract

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 1 month later...

if its the phone which isn't working then your broadband will be uneffected as the phone line is seperate from broadband. the tv service also runs from broadband connection. the phone line has its own. The cable which comes in has 2 cables together. You need to write a letter to virgin media office as a complain't since the phone line technically belongs to bt which virgin media have a contract with they have to fix it as you are paying line rental to virgin media you are entitled to have this fixed within 30 days. If its longer than 30 days you are entitiled to a refund for each pay period in which your service is down for the phone line. eg: line rental and phone packages must be refunded after 30 days of non operation as you are paying for services you are not receiving. This could be a good court case if you went down that route. If i was in your shoes send a letter to virgin media complaints threatening to end the services if the line isn't fixed and they will jump to it within 2 - 3 days. They don't like losing customers. Here is the address in which to send the letter:

Virgin Media,

PO Box 333,

Matrix Court,

Swansea.

SA7 9ZJ

In the letter add something simillar to this: I have contacted virgin media several times regarding my phone line connection not working, i am entitiled by law to have this fixed hence i am paying line rental for a service i am not receiving. Anything which is rented from a company, it is required by law that it is maintained and fixed by the supplying company. If this issue is not ressolved within the next 30 days i will have no option but to change service providers and claim a refund for paid services not received. You may contact me via post or on the following number: (your phone number)

Thanks,

regards (your name)

don't forget to include your address and contact details on the letter and if possible your account number and account password which you use when contacting virgin media. they will send an engineer round pronto when they get your letter but call you first on the number you give them. They will give you free service on 1 or more packages for several months to say sorry (bribe). I have been in your shoes with the tv service. I hope this helps and let me know how you get on.