Advice needed re Littlewoods/Lowells

DT&FE
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5220 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Folks

We're in a similar situation with Littlewoods/Shop Direct and now passed to a company called Lowells. We have calculated that to charges applied to the account over its lifetime (4 years) have been approximately £1323.

We are not disputing that there is an outstanding balance of £128.64 for goods and would happily pay that, however Lowells are demanding over £900. They have said that as the alledged debt was legally 'assigned' to them on 12/01/2009 I have no legal right to recover any charges as they were applied by Littlewoods/Shop Direct rpior to sale.

I find it strange that a company would wait over a year to contact us and in that time they have applied £306 in charges. We were only able to establish what charges had been applied following a SAR. All we got in return was a signed credit agreement, which we never disputed!

Our question is: Are they correct, in so much as we have no right to challenge these charges?

Folks

We're in a similar situation with Littlewoods/Shop Direct and now passed to a company called Lowells. We have calculated that to charges applied to the account over its lifetime (4 years) have been approximately £1323.

We are not disputing that there is an outstanding balance of £128.64 for goods and would happily pay that, however Lowells are demanding over £900. They have said that as the alledged debt was legally 'assigned' to them on 12/01/2009 I have no legal right to recover any charges as they were applied by Littlewoods/Shop Direct rpior to sale.

I find it strange that a company would wait over a year to contact us and in that time they have applied £306 in charges. We were only able to establish what charges had been applied following a SAR. All we got in return was a signed credit agreement, which we never disputed!

Our question is: Are they correct, in so much as we have no right to challenge these charges?

The short answer is No.

You have the right to claim all the charges - against Littlewoods/Shop Direct Finance - and have them refunded.

The first piece of advice is for you to do a SAR to Shop Direct Finance & Lowells - separately - at the cost of £10 each. Send by SPECIAL DELIVERY.

However, please start your OWN THREAD so that you will get the best advice possible for you, and I am sure that people will show up to assist you.

I am sorry that I do not have time to assist on this. I'm much too busy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

:-) If you feel my post has been helpful, please click my scales. :-)