Coop delaying tactic?

EricB
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6483 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am a good way down the road to claiming my charges back from Co-Op Visa. I got the Data Protection Act details, worked out how much they owed me (plus interest) sent off the first letter got back an acknowledgement (but no reply) so sent off second letter stating that no reply within 14 days and I would commence action, again acknowledgement letter was recieved.

However this time and on the last day I had given them to reply they have sent me a letter saying "So we can fully investigate your claim for refund I will provide you with a full response within the next six weeks".

Where do I go from here? They have already had over a month from my original letter but will the courts consider it unreasonable to start action before the six weeks elapse? They have given me a name and number to ring them on but I am a bit reluctant to do this as telephone conversations do not seem as good evidence as written exchanges if we go to court.

Has anyone been through this and can they tell me how they got on?

Yes this seems to be a common delaying tactic of the Coop. In our case we gave them the extra time but just ended up with letter after letter saying sorry for the delay but our investigations are not yet complete blah, blah. After the 5th fob-off letter we issued the LBA and within a week we received full payment.

FWIW

Dont delay for them, you are suing them if they cannot be bothered to deal with it properly the courts wont be bothered if you do though.

Follow your timeframe as suggested in the step by step instructions and the court will be happy.

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Thanks for that info above - I just got a second (unprompted) 'nice' delaying letter with fulsome apologies saying they are still needing time to fully complete their enquiries yada yada.

What time do they need??? We've done all the leg work and sent them all the details.

I'ts very stressful and I don't want to fall out with them - but it's also my money.

Off to respond and raise the stakes.

:-(

Thanks for that info above - I just got a second (unprompted) 'nice' delaying letter with fulsome apologies saying they are still needing time to fully complete their enquiries yada yada.

What time do they need??? We've done all the leg work and sent them all the details.

I'ts very stressful and I don't want to fall out with them - but it's also my money.FWIW when you say you dont want to fall out with them what do you mean? They have taken money unlawfully, if you met them in the street and they did this i doubt that you would feel the same. Its worth rmemeberig these bankers are not your friends its business and in this case, unlawful.

Off to respond and raise the stakes.

Good on you, stick to your timetable and get your claim in.

:-(

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Agree with Glenn

It's your Money

It's your claim

Stick to YOUR timetable. 14 days is quite enough for them.

If they were calculating what you owed them you can bet it would be done well within the 14 days and certainly they are NOT your friends. After a long association with one bank (28years) I made that mistake some years ago - but never again.

Banks should be treated like baby's nappies - changed frequently and for the same reason.

I got exactly the same letters from co-op bank so I filed after 14 days co-op acknowledged and said they were going to defend but then paid in full about 5 days later inc costs and interest (£1026) so stick with it you will get your money soon

I got exactly the same letters from co-op bank so I filed claim online after 14 days co-op acknowledged and said they were going to defend but then paid in full about 5 days later inc costs and interest (£1026) so stick with it you will get your money soon