HELP! My DVLA V750 number plate certificate has expired!

raj_juan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, i need so much help! I bought a number plate from the DVLA and the V750 certificate expired on the 04/02/10 and today is the 6/02/10.

I work away from home a lot and I came home yesterday to find the letter. I tried ringing them but they close after 4.30 so i have to wait until monday now :-(

It says on the letter that I will lose all rights for that number plate which cost me £800 so this is very stressfull

Can anyone please help me on what to do, i just want to pay the admin fee and get my number plate renewed hassle free :-(

Personalised Number Plates - DVLA Registrations from National Numbers - FAQ

I've allowed my certificate of entitlement to expire, what do I do now? If the certificate has expired, it is very difficult to get it renewed. If the certificate is in your own name, then you have to send it to the DVLA Licensing Centre in Swansea along with a note giving a very good reason as to why it has expired and why they should renew it. ("I forgot" won't work; the DVLA will NOT renew it). If the certificate is in our name, then you must return it to us along with a note as above. However, please be aware that as well as the standard renewal fee of £25, we also charge an administration fee of £40.

I know that i need to give the dvla a damn good excuse for them to renew my reg. But i didnt forget, i literally wasnt home to receive any mail. And what do you mean by "if the certificate is in our name?"

I just need a fool proof way of sorting this out. I cant believe i have to pay to renew a number plate that ive already bought. this suckss.

Welcome to the great british rip off. DVLA will make money anyway they can just look at the road conditions, we pay rip off car tax for the odd pot hole or too.:-x

Just say you was abroad with your family for personal reasons you know what i mean.:cool:

My advice is based on my opinion and my experience. It is not to be taken as legal advice as I am not legally qualified

If my advice has been helpful, please take a moment to click on the scales

on the bottom left hand side of my profile :p

okay so what I'm thinking about doing is the following:

on Monday I'll send off the excuse letter dated 04/02/10 (which was the day my V750 expired) with a cheque for £25, so they should receive it by Tuesday/Wednesday. I'll write on the letter that I went abroad for personal reasons and didn't receive the letter until I got back home.

I'll say on the letter that I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused and I'll end the letter by saying something like "Your understanding is most appreciated"

if you think i should add anything else or take something out, then please say