....It will be going to a Tribunal, advice please!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5192 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, following on from my previous thread....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/employment-problems/224712-disciplinary-hearing-next-week.html

The boss submitted his response and we recived a copy of it this morning. He is standing by his reasons in all the letters and has his (scared) members of staff to back him up... this is the thing, when we go to the tribunal, it will effectively be my other halfs word against his, is there something he can do; like swear he is telling the truth to a solicitor or have a statement made up to that effect?

Also, there are at least a dozen or so former employees of this hotel that have been mistreated and would stand up and say that, and sort of give an idea to this mans real personality, as could associates, suppliers etc.... but could we do it and would it be seen to be relevant?

And could we also contact my other halfs former employers to give a reference as such, to prove his (genuine) integrity? I know each and every person my other half has ever worked for would only speak VERY highly of him....

Sorry if I'm not articulating this as well as I could, its been a hard week :(

HH xxxxxx

Good to hear from ya again, HH. I'm a bit 'tired' right now, so I'll have a look again tomorrow.

It's time for 'phase two'.;)

Hiya elpulpo, you too :)

Yeah I don't blame you, I would be in bed if I had any chance of actually sleeping but my mind still needs to unwind....

Speak tomorrow, and thanks for replying....... xxx

xxxxxx

Hi all, following on from my previous thread....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/employment-problems/224712-disciplinary-hearing-next-week.html

The boss submitted his response and we recived a copy of it this morning. He is standing by his reasons in all the letters and has his (scared) members of staff to back him up... this is the thing, when we go to the tribunal, it will effectively be my other halfs word against his, is there something he can do; like swear he is telling the truth to a solicitor or have a statement made up to that effect? If it comes to a tribunal, you'll both give evidence. If this guy's a tosspot, that'll probably come across. If your OH is telling the truth, that's all he has to do, so it's easy for him.

Also, there are at least a dozen or so former employees of this hotel that have been mistreated and would stand up and say that, and sort of give an idea to this mans real personality, as could associates, suppliers etc.... but could we do it and would it be seen to be relevant? Problem with ex-employees is that they might be seen to have an agenda against their former employer.Unless they were present at a material time when OH and the employer were talking (say at a Disc), then they probably wouldn't be relevant.

And could we also contact my other halfs former employers to give a reference as such, to prove his (genuine) integrity? I know each and every person my other half has ever worked for would only speak VERY highly of him....Again, probably wouldn't be seen as relevant.

Sorry if I'm not articulating this as well as I could, its been a hard week :(

HH xxxxxx

What you need to do HH, is write down exactly what you want to get from pursuing this. Sorry if that sounds a bit blunt. But that's what needs to be done. Then we can figure out how to go about getting it.

What you need to do HH, is write down exactly what you want to get from pursuing this. Sorry if that sounds a bit blunt. But that's what needs to be done. Then we can figure out how to go about getting it.

Hiya,

Thanks for responding, basically we want the notice pay and reference he is entitled to, and to say we did stand up for ourselves for once, and we tried....

X

Right. For the time being, I think we just need to see how the claim progresses. The ET Chairperson who's managing the claim will look at the ET1/3 and give orders as to how the matter will proceed.

You should be contacted by ACAS in due course too. They can take a while.

My gut feeling is that this will progress towards a hearing, and that you might well be able to get a compromise agreement with them via ACAS. You're not asking for a lot, and they'll be advised that that's the cheapest option.

On a practical basis, food outlets tend to get very gittery about issues regarding food hygiene being made public. Even though they're alleging that the hygiene issues were your OH's fault, not theirs. They just won't want the publicity.

Right. For the time being, I think we just need to see how the claim progresses. The ET Chairperson who's managing the claim will look at the ET1/3 and give orders as to how the matter will proceed.

You should be contacted by ACAS in due course too. They can take a while.

My gut feeling is that this will progress towards a hearing, and that you might well be able to get a compromise agreement with them via ACAS. You're not asking for a lot, and they'll be advised that that's the cheapest option.

On a practical basis, food outlets tend to get very gittery about issues regarding food hygiene being made public. Even though they're alleging that the hygiene issues were your OH's fault, not theirs. They just won't want the publicity.

Hi el,

I agree, lets hope so eh, I'll keep you updated ;)

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

• 3 weeks later...