pealised for daughter runing away

lenny100
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5250 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

on december 21 my 18 year old daughter ran away from homw to live with her 38 years old iligal imigrant boyfrend who we found about about that day. thruogh a third party we have found out she has no intension of giveing us any contact details and has changes her mobile phone number and deleted all her email accounts etc.

As we are on full concail tax and housing benifits as she was atanting full time collage we have been informing the relevent people about benifits.

today we had to go into the concail beniftis office as the reasesment said that our daughter is still liveing with us and because she was no longer in full time education we are libale to pay her sagre of the rent £ 150 per mounth and her concail tax, as yet we have not been told this amount.

I quired this at the office and was told unless we give them her address then we will be lible to pay up.

Now we belive she has moved into another town and councail area but they usualy only stay in one town for a few weeks befor they move on again working at verious piza shops ect.

Can this possably be right that we now have to find out of our beniftis this money.

As i am disabled on mimum DLA and recive uk war pension of £250 per mounth we are not intitled to income support as we have over the minmum income comeing into the house with me IB and my wife middle rate DLA.

Lenny

The best thing is to give this information, in shape of written statement, to your council that your daughter is not living with you and you dont know what's her forwarding address. This will solve the problem though you will lose child element from your housing benefit but that shouldnt make a huge difference. Make sure you tell child benefit (0845 302 1444) and child tax credit (0845 300 3900) about the change so you can stop getting these as your daughter is not living with you.

You dont pay any rent or council tax (non-dependent deductions) if your daughter (who is not classed as child or young qualifying person anymore) is not living with you anymore. What council told you is an utter non-sense. If they dont listen again then see welfare rights or Citizens advice.

Edited by adamrao

:-|Impossible is I'M Possible:lol:

If you think the advice given is useful then show your appreciation by clicking on the scales.