Alliance & Leicester Phonecall :(

Kalahna
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5225 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've just had a telephone call from A&L, whom I've not heard anything from in months, saying that the complaint I made (?!) has gone to court, and has been upheld in their favour, and that the account I opened ages ago, I now owe £614.96 on.

I applied for this bank account when I was hoping to leave Lloyds TSB, but A&L set it up so that all of my direct debits transferred over to this new account, even though I didn't want them to, which left me financially in the sh&t, and ended up with my car insurance being cancelled and loans etc not being paid because there was no money in the A&L account to pay them - they never even sent me a debit card.

My car insurers ended up taking a direct debit from A&L apparently - which Mint at the time, said was never paid - yet A&L added charges onto my account, followed by more charges, followed by more charges. Which is how the alleged £44.96 payment is now at £614.96.

They are now threatening me with bailiffs - even though I have had no letter through from them with regards to my supposed complaint, like they said I should have recieved.

Can anyone offer me any advice on how to deal with them please? The only thing I own in my home is my computer - and I'm really scared they are going to end up bailiffing me?

Thank you in advance.