anyone been to tunisia!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5250 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi just a few ques plzzzz,we just booked to tunisia this week for 2 weeks all inclusive,we have two small children 4 n 3...and my hubby suffers with multiple scelorisis(ms) just read abit about the law over there and just wondered if anyone had been or visited and had a bad experience,it mentioned terrorism n kidknapping is quite high over there so im gettin atad worried,also my hubby takes quite abit of medication and it states that sof drugs medication is not prohibited and u can be imprisoned which im worried bout to..any advice

My wife and I visited Sousse a couple of years ago and found it a bit boring to be honest as there was not a lot to do, with that said it depends on what you're looking for.

Terrorism,kidnapping I wouldn't worry about it, really don't worry. We have been to most parts of Egypt, Northern Africa and never felt like our life was in danger, use common sense and you'll be ok.

WRT medication. I doubt there will be an issue as long as they do not contain precursors use to make illegal drugs but if you are worried ask your husband's GP to write a letter explaining what the drugs are for.

Where are you staying?

Admittedly it was 5 years ago, but I spent a week touring Tunisia, always in an organized party, loved every minute and the only time I felt a bit unsafe was in the market but only because it was my first experience of the 'high pressure sales techniques'.

I had several different sorts of prescription medication with me, and it wasn't any problem at all.

• Haha 1

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

oh thanks guys i was getting worried going to bed worrying but didnt wana bother hubby with silly thoughts about wot id read,we are going to be staying at the caribean world skanes i think it is,well thank you for your info.im sure we will av a great time..:)

Hi,

We went to Hammermet in Tunisia 3 years ago, Had a fab time and its lovely and hot !!

Don't know about medication but i felt safe all the time i was there even in the market and i had a 3 year old little girl with me !!

If you stay in the tourist areas you will be okay !! My husband did walk into a village and went to a local mosque with one of the other english guys we had met out there, and they had no problems. My husband is not muslim.

Went All-Inclusive Saraha Beach Monastir quite a few years ago, been to lots of muslim countries they are alright but the culture is very much different, most of want is going off which isn`t a great deal is centered around the hotels

The market is bustling so keep an eye on what your doing you will get a lot of people hounding you to buy off them if you are genuinely not interested a firm no is all that is needed and move on

You`ll be fine if you stay in the tourist areas read bits up on the internet, as for medication carry a letter off your GP no need to worry lots take medication I`d be very suprised if it`s queried we carry all sorts when we have been away and no problems

The Tunisians love children are can be a bit in your face, over friendly I liked it there but lots don`t it`s everyone to their own but hasn`t got a lot to see or do