RadioDan Vs The HSBC **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6421 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

well...i never was the kinda girl to turn down a free drink (in the most lady-like fashion etc) :D lol.

Im filing my MSOL this week so should have my money sooner than u so I ought to get u a drink to keep ur nerve up!

I got a part offer which is what u might find happening in your case. Make sure u accept it but with the condition that u will filing according to your deadline for the rest whilst making it clear how u want ur payment (if u want it as a cheque). the template is in the library on here anyways.

dont worry if u dont hear anything back from ur lba though. everyday is a day closer to your money. Im glad they fobbed me off personally. it means i get my 8% too by filing. on my claim thats almost £500.

stick it to 'em and enjoy every minute! lol

Kaz :)

HSBC

claiming £2749 (£3400 with court cost & 8%)

mcol acknowledge 25/09/06

DG requested breakdown 5/10/06

Breakdown sent to DG 12/10/06

Yes Car Credit/Direct Auto Finance

CCA request sent 18/10/06

Whilst my aim is to be helpful, its reasonable to assume I am not a professional and am (dare I say) not always right. Seek professional help if in doubt

:-D

:lol: If i have intentionally or accidently said something of relevance or use to you, please click the scales:lol:

"A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain". - Robert Frost

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmm.... beer....

I think it is just a big intimidation thing, you're wrong, they're right, and they want you to accept it, because they think they know more than you do.

I don't think they really appreciate the scale of this massive backlash, and that everybody who is claiming against them are in contact with each other.

They also don't realise the wealth of knowledge and expertise that is behind the forum, and expect most people to back out... ha!

And if they do realise... then they're just plain stupid for even trying to fob people off! Just costs them that little bit more when they have to add the 8% on!

Who gives you Xtra? :confused:

=========================================

HALIFAX PLC

PAID IN FULL - £1799.20 31/10/06

Round 2 - Prelim sent 29/06/07

I'd be inclined to think they do know about this site and probably keep an eye on it. even if its just to monitor the volumes and increasing attention the site is getting.

Unfortunately for them, even if they wanted to treat the well informed & supported customers who use sites like this differently from the people battling alone who may be easier to intimidate and "put off", they simply have no way of knowing which "give me back my dosh" complaints are from which catagory. Unless they can match real names to online user names they havent a chance...and more than that, i think they r a little swamped at the mo to have the time to try :D

and more importantly....mmmm vodka! :razz:

HSBC

Whilst my aim is to be helpful, its reasonable to assume I am not a professional and am (dare I say) not always right. Seek professional help if in doubt

:lol: If i have intentionally or accidently said something of relevance or use to you, please click the scales:lol:

"A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain". - Robert Frost

You will get your money back, I got a full settlement offer a week after filing my MCOL - check the links below if you wanna check out my progress!

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

Just sending them this now

Mr M Bowden

Customer Service Manager

HSBC Bank plc

Customer Credit Services

Sheffield

S1 2US

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Dear Sir/Madam,

ACCOUNT NUMBER:

I am very disappointed that you have failed to respond to my letter of the 21st of August 2006 in a satisfactory manner.

I now understand that the regime of 'fees' which you have been applying to my account in relation to direct debit refusals, exceeding overdraft limits and so forth are unlawful at Common Law, Statute and recent Consumer regulations.

I would draw your attention to the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law.

I am frankly shocked that you have operated my account in this way as I had always reposed confidence in your integrity and expertise as my fiduciary.

I calculate that you have taken £2410 plus £55 which you are to charge me this month and have confirmed will not be removing. Total £2465.

I am enclosing a copy of the schedule of the charges which I am claiming. I have already sent you a copy of this in my original letter of the 21st of August 2006.[/font][/color]

I require repayment in full of this money. If you do not comply fully within 14 days then I shall begin a claim against you for the full amount plus interest, plus my costs and without further notice.

Yours faithfully,

Currently taking action against the HSBC for £2465

sounds fine to me! Go get em!

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

lol. yeah im due a £75 charge for last month in a few days.

you can add that £55 charge to all the charges u've asked for when u file on mcol so not to worry.

its just a shame we cant sue them for being incompetant and utterly stupid. we'd all be rich!

HSBC

well the £55 charge made me go over my over draft so if I see another notice for incoming charges for this month then I will be sure to add a note to my MCOL insisting that the up coming charge be removed. Seems only fair after all.

Ah I'm silly, forgot to update.

The LBA arrived Friday, so I am going to give them 2 weeks from receipt before money claiming on them. I really hope it goes to MCOL now so I get an extra 20% from this whole thing.

Ah I'm silly, forgot to update.

The LBA arrived Friday, so I am going to give them 2 weeks from receipt before money claiming on them. I really hope it goes to MCOL now so I get an extra 20% from this whole thing.

20%? It's 8% APR

My charges claims:

Default removals:

20%? It's 8% APR

Hmmm.

I used the spread sheet and the interest on some of the charges alone was £20 with how long they've been outstanding.

It totalled about £530 for me.

Ah, don't worry- I see where you're coming from.

You're fine with what you're doing, the interest rate though is 8% APR.

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Well I got another nice letter from the bank yesterday, this one was also complete with "Listening to your comments" trash basically thanking me for my letter dated 8th of September (It was not dated then, that was just when they received it.) saying that they will look into the matters I have raised and get back to me with a full response once investigation is completed and giving me a nice handy 10 digit reference number to go with it (again different from the others).

you're that much nearer to getting your dosh back :D

HSBC

And today I got a nice letter telling me that they stand by their position and that their final point on this will be that they are totally right in what they do so there.

Well that just made me about £530 richer on Friday then.

yep - that's the standard fob off - on to MCOL then?!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

yep - that's the standard fob off - on to MCOL then?!

Sure does look that way mate. I just dont understand why they didn't stop me before going to court to save themselves the cash.

I know, but hey don't worry - it works in your interest.

I think that the amount of people that are too scared to take them to court offsets the extra they have to pay to us lot that do sue them!!!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Good luck radiodan (not that you need it of course), I'm filing today, they've had their 28 days in total and unlike you I've heard nothing from HSBC at all!!! At least they've acknowledged you eh?

I think MCOL accepts credit and debit cards but maybe someone else can clarify.

Good luck radiodan (not that you need it of course), I'm filing today, they've had their 28 days in total and unlike you I've heard nothing from HSBC at all!!! At least they've acknowledged you eh?

I think MCOL accepts credit and debit cards but maybe someone else can clarify.

Hey day before me claiming buddy!

It sucks they did not get back to you, but hopefully they will ignore your claim and default it eh? ;)