Advice needed on faulty LCD TV bought last month

sdmilne
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5217 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I still don't understand why a manual was needed for a written off TV anyway. If it's not even fit to be touched then they didn't need it, end of story. I presume that had the TV been worth £2000 he'd have been asking for £200? Utter nonsense. It was just a man desperate not to give out a refund that I was fully entitled to.

I don't doubt that the second TV that I only had for 3 hours will be back on sale now either as the plastic film was never even removed from the screen. The engineer even said that the first one - the wright-off - would be repaired and then smartened up for sale again. He said they mightn't even repair it first!

Sounds like they were just trying to be awkward with you, hoping you’ll get sick and leave with your faulty TV between your legs. As I said before very petty.

Both TV’s will probably end up on sale as “Manager Specials” lol ex-display. Well at least you got your money back, that’s the important thing as you’ve had a lucky escape. Now all you have to do is find another TV and another shop that deserves your hard earned cash.

I'm thinking of going with Amazon, I've heard good things about their customer service, though ideally I'd go with John Lewis. Customer service doesn't come much better. They actually gave my mum £50 compensation off their own backs because they wouldn't be able to deliver a pair of gloves in time for Xmas. You wouldn't catch Comet doing that!