HSBC Business bank charges...help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5230 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a T/A Business account,cashflow was becoming an issue, I visited my bank asking for an overdraft and was told that it wasn't worth applying for, because based on the acitivity on my account I would probably get turned down and plus there is a £100 fee. So was told to borrow money from friends and family to help, I was only asking for about £50, to cover a £30 direct debit to a credit card attached to this account.

This was also to avoid paying £8 per day in bank charges.

My account became overdrawn by £28.88, I didn't realise (my fault), so was charged bank charges of £8 per day.

My initial argument with HSBC, was if they had helped me when I asked I wouldn't have these ridiculous charges added to my account. How can they justify debiting my account £160++++ per month yet wouldn't authorise a £50 overdraft.

My account is now nearly £500 overdrawn with £470 being bank charges.

I have written a number of letters to HSBC, they are standing firm that the charges will continue until I clear the debt.

I have written to the Customer Services Manager, who is standing firm also. Each day my charges are escalating.

I visited my local branch last week in a last bid for help, they suggested I try and apply for a managed loan, where I consolidate my overdraft and balance on my credit card which would amount to £1,500. All the threads in this forum say steer clear of this type of loan.

I considered making an offer to pay monthly of £30 which, but with £8 per day being charged, what I can afford to pay would get swallowed up in the charges.

They won't stop the charges and I have been writing back and forth since November 2009.

I have openend a parachute account, but have other accounts with HSBC, which are running okish in comparison.

What can I do, I want to complain about HSBC, on the grounds that I sought help and was given none.

How can these charges be at least frozen until we come to a resolution.

Can someone help me with what I should do, I have sent the telephone harrassment letter, so hopefully that will at least hold off the phone calls.

I have paid the £8 bank charges prior to this situation, and that has also been my ground that I have honoured the ridiculous charges in the past and when I tried to put something in place (i.e an overdraft) to avoid the escessive charges, not surprisingly they said no, this method clearly makes them more money.

Thanks

Try and contact Christopher Dunn, 01142529176 he will look into it, its faster than writing letters etc. Although I must say hes stood his ground on refunding my charges. I am going to call him today to give him 1 last opportunity to refund my charges before I proceed with court action.

Otherwise with that number you can speak to whoever you want at HSBC as long as you know their name, you will not get through to Paul Thurston though, I have tried many times with no luck (hehe)

I will post here in about an hour after speaking to Christopher with any updates.

Hope this helps and good luck - HSBC are real sharks!

Purpose247

I have sent you an email asking for contact details. Please respond.

The email may have gon to your junk mail folder.

ASAP please

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I've all I can, i've written a number of letters and now just want to close the account. What are the consequences I have a credit card associated with the account with a limit of £1000 and the overdraft continues to increase daily whilst these letters run back and forth, so in total including bank charges apprx £1,600, please offer some advice on how I proceed.