Lisa1977 V Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6438 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I still dont know what to do with the interest charges ??

I must be really thick eh ?

I want to be sure I am claiming for the correct amount of interest as if I work it out wrong they are going to know im a dummy !

Can anyone help ? Please dont say read the Templates Library..Believe me I have & im still in the dark :confused:

A million pounds to whoever answers this thread 1st !...

:D :D :D :D :D

Halifax Bank Account.. Sent 1st letter, to calim ££ on 08.09.06 - Recorded Delivery. LBA Sent on 22.09.06, Moneyclaim form sent on 10.09.06

Halifax Visa Account.. Sent 1st letter to claim ££ on 08.09.06 - Recorded Delivery - Recieved a letter on 21st September to say full amount will be refunded -- £240.00-

Argos Card Account.. Pending.

Egg Card - Pending

DESPIT MY ATTEMPTS TO DONATE TO THIS SITE I DO NOT HAVE A PAY PAL ACCOUNT - JUST TO LET YOU KNOW I HAVE TRIED !

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even that was double dutch ! What is wrong with me !

Halifax Bank Account.. Sent 1st letter, to calim ££ on 08.09.06 - Recorded Delivery. LBA Sent on 22.09.06, Moneyclaim form sent on 10.09.06

Halifax Visa Account.. Sent 1st letter to claim ££ on 08.09.06 - Recorded Delivery - Recieved a letter on 21st September to say full amount will be refunded -- £240.00-

Egg Card - Pending

DESPIT MY ATTEMPTS TO DONATE TO THIS SITE I DO NOT HAVE A PAY PAL ACCOUNT - JUST TO LET YOU KNOW I HAVE TRIED !

Hi Lisa....

Regarding the interest, when you send your prelim letter you can ask for all of your charges plus any interest they have charged you for going into unauthorised overdraft. This will show on your statements as interest charged. I didn't bother claiming for this as i have an overdraft facility anyway which i am charged interest for using my overdraft. If you need to file for court action, which i'm sure you'll need to, at that point of filing you are entitled to add 8% interest. This is easy to do if you use the spreadsheet in the template library.

Hope this helps & Good Luck.

Mike.

OK Lisa , have you copied the spreadsheet to your pc yet?

If you have you will see a load of made up dates, charges, days since offence and interest to date... OK so far?

Replace these ficticious values with your personal charges, dates etc.

Once you have filled it all in you will see the interest column has calculated @8%.

Where are you at with your claim? Prelim, LBA ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Right ! thanks guys..

I have only got as far as obtaining & highlighting all of my statements so far. I have Halifax Visa & Halifax Bank account. I need to send them to different addresses right??

I am going to send them, just a little worried. I have a total of 4 claims. The 2 from Halifax, Argos & Egg. If it goes as far as the courts for all then thats allot of money to find for costs ..If & when it does go to court, can we take things into our own hands & contact court directly & pay them a fee? OR am I righ in thinking that Money Claim can also help out for a fee ? what is this fee ?

Egg Card - Pending

Might be a good idea to start by sending in one claim at a time.

That way you should stagger the court costs . You will also be learning the process and will make the remaining claims that much easier.

They will all no doubt push you to the wire before paying up, but all will cave in eventually.

And yes, you send the preliminary letter along with a breakdown of the charges i.e.your spreadsheet, but do not include the interest at this stage,to your bank.

All the relevant addressess are in those particular forums for each bank.

Alternatively, take it to your branch and hand deliver it.

If you post it, send it at least rec. del.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Can somebody tell me my options if our cases go to court? Can we approach the court ourselves & pay a charge to them ? I dont know how it all works?

Cheers in advance :)

Egg Card - Pending

Can anyone help on this pls ?

Egg Card - Pending

Im not 100% sure what the case is in England, But up here in the Wids of Scotland you can take your claim and payment down to your local Sheriff Clerk at the court. They check the paperwork over for you too.. then thats it.

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/25998-court-charges.html?highlight=court+charges

Check this one i think thats what you wanted

You need to read the FAQs and STEP BY STEP guide also

Good luck

Thanks guys

Egg Card - Pending

Your more than welcome..

Thats what we are here for , to share Info and help eachother

Ian :D

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

I am about to send my 1st letter along with copies of my statements to Halifax to claim back my charges..can someone reply with the 2nd letter I send in 14 days please? I have looked in templates library but its not clear which one is which

thanks

Egg Card - Pending

Hi.

The first letter you need to send is the preliminary approach for repayment letter together with a schedule of the charges made to your account, for the return of your bank charges. If you do/dont receive a reply within 14 days, then you can send the LBA. A further 14 days later you can start your moneyclaim!! Both of these letters are found in the "Bank templates Library". You do not need to send copies of your statements, just make a list of the charges and send it with your 1st letter. Make sure you send the letters Recorded delivery, that way you have a record of when it was sent, and also when it arrived, which means the bank cannot say that it never arrived!

Barry.

Thanks for yur time Barry

Egg Card - Pending

Hello everyone

Yesterday I sent the 1st letter to claim the ££ back to Halifax for both my bank account & Visa card. That totals about £600 together.

I cant be bothered to work out the interest - as long as I get the bulk of the ££ back Im not really fussed. Will this make a difference to my claim ?

Now that I have sent them off, Im thinking there may be a problem?

So, asuming everything is ok with that, I send the 2nd letter 14 days after the 1st one was sent .. ?

Do you send this regardless as to if Halifax have written back ??

I just want to know what to expect to happen next..

any advice really appreciated..

cheers :)

Egg Card - Pending

Hi lisa Keep to your timetable, you'll most probably get their standard fob off letter but just stick to it

Best of luck

So I do send the 2nd on the 14th day after the 1st

thanks for the reply :)

Egg Card - Pending

I cant be bothered to work out the interest - as long as I get the bulk of the ££ back Im not really fussed. Will this make a difference to my claim ? Not at all

So, asuming everything is ok with that, I send the 2nd letter 14 days after the 1st one was sent .. ?

Do you send this regardless as to if Halifax have written back ?? Yes

I just want to know what to expect to happen next..

See section 3 to 6 here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/243-step-step-instructions.html

Well I dont have access to a PC all of the time so im not even sure I will be able to. All my letters are already printed off & prepared for the next steps ! . Im not too worried about the interest

Egg Card - Pending

bump

Egg Card - Pending

Ok Update. I have today recieved a letter from a Rob somone from Halifax. It stated "Thank you for your letter, which we recieved on 14th September" (Even though I know it was signed for on 11th Sep !!)

It went on to say that someone will be responding to my complaint in the next 4 weeks & to see the 'Complaints Procedure Document' they sent too. ha ha I thought, my LBA will be sent on 22nd September..like it or lump it !

I havent even had a letter back from my Halifax Visa, which I sent the same day !

So, thats my update !

Egg Card - Pending