can someone help me with these bailiffs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

About a year ago, I was driving my car and a lorry crashed into the side of my car and drove. Off. I pulled over as my wing mirror had shattered glass. I got out the car to take the drivers details and a parking attendant appeared and issued a ticket saying I had pulled over on a no stopping area. I had a baby in the car that I was checking to as glass had gone on the back seat as the window was open. I explained and he could see an accident had taken place. But the fool still issued a ticket.

I appealled the ticket and heard nothing back. the council never responded I believed that they had seen it was stupid and cancelled it. They could see that as part of the Highways act you are required to pull over after an accident.

Today I get a letter in the post telling me that Northampton County Court have issed a Warrant for the sum of 123.16 and unless i pay it today, Bailiffs will come to my house and discharge the debt.

I believe I read on here some time ago that there is a form you can fill out (n22 possibly) that you can send to Northampton County Court setting this aside on the grounds that the council did not respond to the appeal.

Can anyone please tell me where I can find the form as a matter of urgency please. Thank you so much I appreciate it.

The local authority should have sent you

- A reply to your appeal

- A Notice to Owner

- A Charge Certificate

- An Order For Recovery

Are you saying you received none of these?

If so, is your vehicle registered to you, at the correct address, on DVLA's database, because it's the name and address DVLA have which will show on these documents.

WHat you need to do is not an N244, but an Out of Time Statutory Declaration. Presumably the letter you got tells you about this?

If and when you file it, the address situation will strengthen/weaken your case depending on whether all the official documents went to your correct address. If they did, it may be refused, and then you can file an N244 challenging the refusal.